Pages

Monday, March 12, 2007

spring fever

"The word 'shams' (sun) is feminine, and 'qamar' (moon) is masculine. The sun burns itself out to give light and life to everything around, and the moon is muneer, meaning it reflects the light. Within itself it has no light; it radiates the brilliance of the sun. So when we shine as men, the implication is that we are reflecting the glorious light of our women. May Allah swt be pleased with them."

-Sheikh Abdullah Adhami-


Thanks to Afie for the source (actually permission is still pending. err..) ;) Women’s Day was on 8 March, and though late as it is, I’d still like to wish all women out there a very Happy Women’s Day! This year I received a rabbit plushie, a bouquet of dried flowers, a rose and marshmallow hand and body lotion, a few chocolates, and a nasty nasty flu bug. McNasty. Super nasty. It included one of the hardest nights I’ve ever had to go through in Russia.

Anyway, I’ve recovered, though not fully yet. ;) Yesterday we had our Malaysian Indoor and Recreational Competition (MIRC) and it was a lot of fun! There were games like chess, scrabble, monopoly, pyramida, dam ular (snake & ladder), congkak, batu seremban, pintar pintas (teams answering trivias and perform some sort of awkward running and stuff), and some PC games (CS and I’m not sure what else). I filled in for scrabble, as our batch did not send in any contestant, and bagged 2nd place. ;) Our batch won the CS competition but overall we did not achieve an honourable ranking. Never mind, we’ve got many more years to shine! Haha.

Now I’ve got better, I‘ll work hard on my travelogue *dangerously guilty*. But first I need to slog for a test I missed last week. Missing 4 days of school is making me pay. And today I’m going to the doctor to conclude my case. Can’t wait to breathe the novelty of spring in the air.

Ps: I wanted to put up pictures, but realised I didn’t even have a camera. Ape ntah.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

its great that you are getting better. take good food and sleep well. lots of duahs.

do revision before the test and read the notes on the missed lectures.

still waiting for the turkish story and pics.

take care

Azra Ain said...

jalan-jalan di blog orang singgah sebentar di blog sofi. :D

Arifah said...

Permission granted! (tak kesah la dah letak pun) Warghhhh... panic attack. Hehhe. Waiting for my results. Pray fr me! =)

Anonymous said...

Also still waiting for kevser's pic.