Pages

Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Wake me up when September ends

I've been considerably chided by a couple of friends for the lack of words on my blog during the holiday, and decently so. How should I say this, eh- to put it in straightforward Latin- I'd got my caput inter nubile. *guffaws* And instead of carpe diem, my motto throughout the two glorious months would more aptly be carpe noctem. So in between all those unfettered busying, I'm afraid there wasn't much left for creative writing, unless I was J.K. Rowling and wouldn't give a hoot about saving up for another year of bland food and incomprehensible entertainment whilst indulging in the glorious sea of ink and quills (or keyboards, more like). For those who couldn't fathom my encrypted language, give it up. I'm blubbering. And why shouldn't I be, when I have been coolly tossed out of my room for two years into a floor full of 'testosterone-laden creatures', as my mother put it (hehe gonna reply your email very soon). I made my case to the guy-in-charge at the dean's office this afternoon who forced me to put across everything in Russian even though he understood English perfectly (probably so that I couldn't babble my heart out, very smart move), before telling me not to worry cos this whole jamboree of an affair was only temporary and would be sorted out very soon. Then he shoo-ed me before I could press further for specifics. Anyhow, it was a relief to know that I won't have to play seesaw with the male-free floor above for shower and other, er, stuff for the entire academic year. Although I'm nauseated at the prospect of packing up yet again for another move if necessary (I'm not exactly the most organised person alive, see). It isn't very helpful either that I've started my classes and the teachers so far have successfully foreshadowed a semester of everlasting fire for us small fries. Yet still, I (unintentionally) slept throughout a third of our first ever lecture today, despite my solemn vow to copy everything this time around. Well, well.

Despite my one-paragraph-madwoman yackety-yak above, I'm still sane, thank goodness. Quite a few words now, wouldn't you say, (ex)Roomie A? =D

A couple of random pictures in the CD my father made me (most pictures were in an unfamiliar format, dunno why. Abah??)


My beloved friend, Faezar and I at my grandfather's kenduri. She said the only times she eat mutton curry would be at our kenduris. Haha.


My sisters, aunt, and I. We were having breakfast at my grandfather's before heading off to Kuala Tembeling and Fraser's Hill. For further news on the latter, please ask my mum and dad.


Nabihah and Erfa, two of my dearest friends during a meeting at KLCC a day before my flight.


With Aki, the day I left for KL.

11 comments:

dith said...

And pray tell,what are you going to do when we have woken you up at end of September?

Hehe, maybe I should send the villain of algojo to rouse you up!

Anonymous said...

huh... reading your entry this time is just like reading one of the penguin books.

itu NEF format(or nikon RAW). check semula DVD tu(yours or kak sarah) and you'll find Nikon viewer 6.2. install the program and you can now open and view, edit with the nikon editor to make it better looking(at the popup menu)and save it in jpeg. in jpeg file extension you can view them with most of the photo program. senang kan? hahahaha!

Selamat mencuba dan unpacking!

Arifah said...

Sofi, I pity2 you. Although I don't have the slightest idea what you're talking about. Ngehehhe. Blergh. Simply put, clinical years are a bugger! Thehehehe. Ok. Penning off.

Azra Ain said...

Sofi, muka sudah bersih from pimples. Dulu hidung dia selalu merah-merah sebabkan pimples. =)

ifos said...

mak- no, thank you! I'd rather stay awake the entire September. heh.

abah- oh, ok. hehe. will try to do that. thank you.

afie- LOL. Thanks for the sympathy. I'm in a much better state now ;)

Azra- ouch! haha. Actually I still do battles with 'em nasty li'l pests, tho not as bad as during schooldays ;p

pycnogenol said...

There's a lot of excitement in the air, and plenty of new things going on there!!!

Three cheers for a new semester! Let's make it a good one. :)

Anonymous said...

all black tudung??? weird.

pycnogenol said...

It's not the end of September yet, but Pycno is going to wake you up, nevertheless.

Sofi, bangun...bangun...BANGUN Sahur!!!!

Wishing you Ramadhan Al Mubarak!!!

ifos said...

Pycnogenol- thanks a lot for waking me up! hehe. And for all the wishes. Wishing the best of Ramadhan for you too =)

Azleen- tp kalau kaji betul2, tudung2 itam tu lain2, bukan tudung same semua. ade corak2 sket jgk. hehe. -defensive reaction-

Jamil said...

A thought crossed my mind when I was looking at your pictures - but I don't think I'll say (type?) them aloud here. The girls I know so far have not taken it too kindly when I tell them they look chubbier than I remember them to be.

Oops.

ifos said...

Hiyoshi- ouch ouch ouch! Hahaha. I'd like to disagree, but that'd be lying. lol.