Pages

Monday, October 30, 2006

Raya sakan!

Food is the order of the week. Being a sophomore, you don’t get as many eid invitations as the super seniors, but quite enough to fill you to the brim with sated appetite. I’m loving every bit of it. Hehe. On Saturday, we were invited to the open house of the kakak-kakak 5th year. Briyani, roti jala- the usual gorgeous stuff. Some contemporary Malay movie was screened in the living room so I sought refuge in one of the bedrooms where the earlier shows of Shin Chan was being shown. Much as I despise that immoral punk of a character (I like his pengetua and teachers though ;p), the alternative of a yusry-erra-farid kamil-fasha etc., etc. combo was almost too daunting for words. Do pardon my prejudice, although I think it’s rather justified. Ngehs.


Some of us girls


Istimewa Aidilfitri bersama Shin Chan

*Both pics courtesy of Neemo

Then there was Raja’s birthday celebration where we had a somewhat distinct course of menu than that of the former- spaghetti bolognaise, fried noodles, fries. An honorable mention goes to the exquisite cheese cake- it’s been quite a while since I had one as cheesecakes are a bit expensive here. The entertainment department didn’t fare too bad either- we had Jeremy with his keyboard, dancing his fingers away with a fetching rendition of ‘Selamat hari Raya’ and a few other classics. The negative bit? Being a camera-less photographer’s distressing.


Er, cos we lack some eid pics here, I'm showing an example of a winter wedding gown for marriage aspirants. This was captured somewhere along Prospekt Lenina last Friday, when Sin Ye and I went nuts and decided to walk all the way to the academy from hostel about 25 minutes before class started. We made it before the teacher (he was late, obviously).

The Diwali celebration yesterday was grand, to put it in plain words. Guilty as it sounds, my (almost) sole mission going down was to revel in the glory of the mutton. Tee-hee. We were served with briyani, mutton curry, dhalcha, fried chicken, veggies, payasam, laddoo. I wished my favourite Indian dessert, kesari was included. But still, hats off to the boys and girls who started cooking in the wee hours of the morning- the efforts certainly paid off with the success of the event.


Note the pretty little kolam made by the girls (and guys, perhaps?)











As we went out to capture some moments together, I noticed this magnificent streaks of sunset proliferating the layers of the heavens. Mashaallah.



It completed my kenyang day ;)

Meanwhile today is my classmate, Farah’s birthday. We brought two small cakes to Anatomy class to celebrate with our beloved teacher, Irina Vladimirovna, all along hoping she would cancel our test for today (birthday’s a good excuse, no?). Our plan backfired funnily; except for the birthday girl- she was exempt from the test but no mercy spared for the rest of us. Haha. Still we had a good celebration afterwards- I realise that I’m going to sorely miss Irina after our 2-semester stint with her is over, come January. She’s easily my favourite teacher, and I’m sure many others feel the same way too.


Irina Vladimirovna and Farah




Meredah hujan selepas kelas

And finally, tonight the freshmen threw an open house for the seniors. I'm out of words by now, my mouth is full. Thank you.




Gadis-gadis cedok air

*The rest of the pics are courtesy of Fatin's camera

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

apasal pakai baju lama? tak pakaipun baju yang buat hari tu?

macam mana parceeel?

jellyfungus said...

serious kenyang!

jellyfungus said...

btw, they call it kolam eh?

crimsonskye said...

Thank God, a food-related entry sans the glossy food photos!

just kidding ;)

Awesome sunset indeed.