Pages

Friday, October 06, 2006

I Wandered Lonely As a Cloud



I wandered lonely as a cloud
That floats on high o'er vales and hills,
When all at once I saw a crowd,
A host, of golden daffodils;
Beside the lake, beneath the trees,
Fluttering and dancing in the breeze.

Continuous as the stars that shine
And twinkle on the milky way,
The stretched in never-ending line
Along the margin of a bay:
Ten thousand saw I at a glance,
Tossing their heads in sprightly dance.

The waves beside them danced; but they
Outdid the sparkling waves in glee;
A poet could not but be gay,
In such a jocund company;
I gazed -- and gazed -- but little thought
What wealth to me the show had brought:

For oft, when on my couch I lie
In vacant or in pensive mood,
They flash upon that inward eye
Which is the bliss of solitude;
And then my heart with pleasure fills,
And dances with the daffodils.

William Wordsworth


Feeling schmaltzy... hehe. It's been a week since I unwittingly lost my phone. To those who SMS-ed me and didn't get a reply, many apologies. We have a big concluding test this Saturday, and I'm nowhere near getting started (on revising, of course). Need to hit the sack! er... books, I mean.

ps: I tried to align the poem centrally but to no avail. Any help for this IT-not-so-savvy blogger?
pps: the song's from Final Fantasy 8 which I'm (re)playing after more than six years... for old times' sake =p Currently in Esthar trying to cure Rinoa.

13 comments:

tenkostar said...

i actually learn in class how to do it. aligning post at center, not hitting the sack; i mean. muahaha.

its (bukak tag)center(tutup tag) your poem or what not pastu at end, tulis (bukak tag)/center(tutup tag) intead of center :-)

cant tulis tag kat sini, die tanak terima. ceh.

tenkostar said...

< > ::this kinda tag

tenkostar said...

i actually learn in class how to do it. aligning post at center, not hitting the sack; i mean. muahaha.

its (bukak tag)center(tutup tag) your poem or what not pastu at end, tulis (bukak tag)/center(tutup tag)

delete the 1st comment :-)

ifos said...

tx azleen ;)

ifos said...

pdn laa, I used the british spelling- 'centre'. hehe.

dith said...

Nice poem but I hate that song, :p

dith said...

ps. Abah and Mak, we are hooked on Faizal's Mahakarya Cinta! :P

pycnogenol said...

On the contrary DITH, I LOVE both the poem as well as the song.

I remember playing this song at my Xanga site not too long ago.

And I like Faizal's song too. ;)

Ikelah said...

rinoa kena pukau ke? mana ada concluding pasal rinoa?

pergi study... sebelum exam baca doa.

aliah dah habis exam. hari ini dia pergi exam mara yang ada orang dan kawan kawan orang yang ramai kantoi.

macam mana nak masukkan mp3 dalam blog? tak pernah berjaya. :(

take care and salam pada kak sarah.

ifos said...

Send la Faizal's song to me. Hehe. Abah, kan Rinoa kene petrified after depa lwn Edea. Pastu depa sume g esthar nk cari dr. odine to cure her. edea pn join.

mp3- nanti fi email kat abah codes die.

pycnogenol said...

Sofi, email kat Pycno codes nya sekali. Thank you in advance.

Mama Sarah said...

DITH, Faizal tu siapa? Mahakarya Cinta tu lagu (i hope i'm assuming right, initially i thought novel until Pycno kata 'song')

dith said...

Faizal is ex nasyid group Miwarna member. He was One In A Million finalist and was the best performer but lacked sms votes. Actually I like his singing in mixed feelings. I love his singing and talent on one hand but on the other I wish he wont embark further in this new singing realm of his and hope that he goes back to singing nasyid only!