Pages

Sunday, February 05, 2006

Hail to Nothing-ness!

The cold winter is dulling my senses, that’s the reason (“lamer!”- my inner conscience) for me shying away from blogging the last few days, despite having completed my exam. It went well for my part (never mind the marks, I won’t figure out the way Russians think. Haha) and now I’m ensnared in the gooey mold of post-exam blues (Yes, I know I’m annoying with all these blues-ness of mine, just humour me for the moment, alright? ;p). Anyhow, the pre-exam blues were far worse- I’d gladly take boredom over stress any time of the day =) Some of us reckoned (or hoping, more like) the temperature would plunge to -50 in time for the exam so we wouldn’t have to go out and sit for the paper. Nah… I was thinking, a blizzard sounded like a more promising prospect. So we were bordering on insanity and guess what, it was a lovely 2-degree (above 0, yes) morning the day of the exam. Ok, so a lesson learned for not talking trash or actually wanting bad things to materialise.

The yo-yo-ish weather has been an uncommon kind of experience for me- rolling over in white snow today, hopping around deep puddles of mud the next. Yesterday it was the latter, unfortunately. It snowed, but melted brusquely at the touch of my palm, making it impossible to observe the elegant patterns of exquisite snowflakes. The temperature has been hovering around some notches above zero of late, I so hope my ultimate dream of making ABC from snow outside would be realised by the end of the season. My sister: “But it’s not that clean, from the dust and all in the air” Haha… I have swallowed rain water at some points in my life (playing sessions, mostly ;p), this one is practically the same- cleaner, even. Hehe. Hmm.

For the whole of next week, I'll be gladly entitled to a series of nothing-ness. Technically speaking, I would be whiling the time away watching borrowed dated movies and TV serials (ER season 1, can you believe it?? That’s like, waaay 10 years back or something, back when Dr. Carter was still an icky third-year medical student being bullied by Dr. Benton), in between finishing my storybooks and manga. Oh, and going out, of course. Actually, I have been quite busy envying the seniors whose holidays had started way earlier than ours and thus had the privilege to visit exotic (to us traveling newbies, heh) European countries: Sweden, Greece, Austria, Finland, England, and Spain are some that I’ve heard. Quite a handful went to Egypt, and some even returned home to Malaysia. Yours truly? Hibernating underneath her covers and fabulously turning into an old maid. And no, I’m not complaining, thank you =)

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope your exams went well the other day. I'm having my end of year exam this April...and I don't really think the type of revision I've been doing can really be called "revision".

Good luck with your dream to make ABC from natural snow. And make sure to put in susu manis. I think ABC sellers who don't put in susu manis are cheap.

So, where will you be travelling in the future?

Anonymous said...

Assalamualaikum..
Any season of ER sounds promising to me :) Haha.. Dr. Carter was so innocent back then.....

I really hope that you did well in your exams (and I believe so). And I really hope I would have the chance to one day feel the snowflakes on the tips of my fingers like you did..

Hiyoshi: Agreed. I really like that part in ABC.. and the corns and the nuts! yum yum yum...

Anonymous said...

Ah.. I must not miss the opportunity to immediately post a comment to iFos' entry here...immediately after hiyoshi and ayumi have left theirs. (Ni bloggers-bloggers lama...gua cayang sama lu semua)

ABC from the snow sounds good. Just make sure that you do not scoop the snow from the ground and pour syrup and condensed milk on it. You may think that it's nuts you're munching away when in fact it might just be dog's poo that you've scooped along...boo..hoo..hoo...

If you have the opportunity, go to Spain...the Alhambra in Granada, to be specific. Been there twice when I was a student. Even brought my mum along the second time I went there...SUPERB!!!

dith said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Ikelah said...

isk ada msgg utk crimson pulak kat sini.

we were in KL yesterday. as usual, we started sfter work roughly about 6.15 pm, had our maghrib at R&R temerloh along with our dinner at kedai ayah teh. i had ikan patin masak tempoyak, hati masak kicap, taugeh, ulam petai n air suam. momad as usual his ayam goreng n drroza ikan lampam masak lemak which she thought was ikan kerai, ulam n sambal tempoyak.

kedai ayah teh prepares masakan kampung from ikan sungai to sayur kampung; cekor manis masak lemak, pucuk ubikayu masak tempoyak petai, terung pipit masak lemak, pucuk paku masak tempoyak n the the ulams. biasalah these masakan kampung is either masak lemak or masak tempoyak.

for the fish, we have the sea fish n ikan sungai; patin gulai tempoyak, lampam masak lemak with the terung hijau n once a while ikan kerai. i love ikan kerai for the taste is far better than ikan patin.

as for the snow thing, i would like to suggest to ifos to make air batu kepal. i used to sip air batu kepal during my primary at ABS mentakab. its a simply 'snow' make into a ball n u poured the colourful syrup n milk on it. u just hol with ur hand ignoring the wetness. when one had finished, u just wiped our sticky hands on our pants.;)

ok... selamat bercuti n makan chicken chop...

jangan lupa boikot brangan danes.

Anonymous said...

Assalamualaikum...
There's something I want to tell you. I really love all your pictures!!! They look real.Full of life...they are superb! :) (I sound like some hopeless advertisement, forgive me.)Btw, hope your exams went well and a question for you : are you back to your 'supposedly' normal weight yet? It's been a month since your entry about 'food blues' right? Hehe.Muahhs.Take care.

Anonymous said...

Weh...dah pandai memasak ke? Ke masih korek tin sadin?

dith said...

ABC special- kacang extra dari dog's poo (eh anjing makan kacang ke?) Eh lupa, Sofi tak suka kacang : her usual order would be ABC tanpa kacang especially kacang merah which would be the opposite of mine i.e. extra extra kacang esp kacang merah!

pycno- How nice! To be in Alhambra, Granada and bringing your mum some more! *hint*

Ayumi- searched for manga team dragon medical- tak jumpa- and I found out that these manggas cost abt 34 bucks each!!! Masyallah!

Anonymous said...

Ewww... what a gross idea for one of my favourite delicacy! Stop it!! Hahaha..

Dr. Roza: I go with Sofi :) I like the kacang yang brownish2 tu.. but not the red beans. I'll usually leave them out.I found TMD from a manga scanlation website.. and manga in Malaysia ARE expensive, except for some titles which are translated to BM... like those translated by the ACC Nation company. I think that's the one that Hiyoshi bought.

Anonymous said...

Correction: Not bought, borrowed. Why buy the same comic when three of your friends have already bought it? Besides, my money flows into other channels (read: clothes)

Eyh, when is iFos going to make some ABC for us then?

ifos said...

Haha... my plan has been put on hold till Saturday. Hopefully my ABC will be ready by then ;) It's kinda super super cold the last couple of days... tonight it's predicted to be -40. Brrr! Witchhazel, sad to report that I haven't regained my old weight... yet. It hasn't increased, it just... stays. But that doesn't matter as long as I get rid of these unneccessary fats round my tummy n cheeks ;p
ikelah, enough with the descriptions already!!!!!!! And pycnogenol, yes, yes, I've been wanting to visit Alhambra ever since I saw Jejak Rasul a few years ago. Insyaallah next winter... ;)

Anonymous said...

-50??? my, that gotta be counted among the most insane wishes I ever heard! ;) anyway I don't think I'd be able to be even thinking of ABC with all that snow and cold, hehe.

so that's one of the perks of being a senior... let's hope you'd be able to go on that ultimate backpacking tour as well, as soon as possible :)

Anonymous said...

i think you don't need to go to such exotic places...isnt russia exotic enough?? :D

Anonymous said...

"Atas saranan doktor, Mamat dihantar utk berubat di USA kerana penyakitnya yg agak kritikal. Sesampainya di Hospital New York, Mamat dibawa ke bilik bedah & dipasang tiub getah kiri kanan.Beberapa jam kemudian, seorang pesakit dari UK yg kelihatannya lebih parah dibawa masuk & diletak bersebelahan katil si Mamat.

Si Mat Saleh ini walaupun kelihatannya lemah, dia masih mencuba utk berkomunikasi dgn Mamat. Dia mengangkat tangannya dgn susah payah & berkata: "United kingdom... "

Mamat yg juga sedang lemah, menjawab: "Malaysia... "

Setelah itu dua-duanya pengsan karana keletihan. Beberapa jam kemudian mereka kembali sedar & cuba berkomunikasi lagi.

Si Mat Saleh berkata dgn lemah: "James... ".

Dijawab dgn susah payah oleh Mamat: "Mamat... ".

Habis itu mereka pengsan lagi. Beberapa jam kemudian setelah sedar, mereka berdua masih mencuba melanjutkan percakapannya.

"Birmingham... " kata si Mat Saleh.

Dijawab Mamat: "Kuala Kangsor... ". Pengsan lagi.

Tak lama kemudian mereka sedar & masih mencuba utk berbual.

Si Mat Saleh yg sudah hampir kehabisan nafas berkata: "Cancer... "

Dan dgn sisa-sisa nafas yg ada Mamat menyahut: "Capricorn... !"

Anonymous said...

Dan kita semua yang tercungap-cungap membaca, mengakhiri kalam dengan berkata:

"Mati lah kau Mamat dalam keadaan merapu...."

Anonymous said...

Haha, ABC from the snow? Hmm, I guess it's pretty clean, it is frozen rain anyway. It sounds like you're coping well with the cold weather, I don't think I'll be able to stand it. Of course it's warmer indoors, but still -- even Genting was freezing enough for me. ^^; Heh.

All the best for your exam results, have fun watching ER! :P

Anonymous said...

What a great site »