Pages

Friday, February 24, 2006

Obsolete little me

My sense of worth has been nose-diving progressively since New Year, largely owing to my lack of awareness of what’s going on out there all this while. It’s true that I tend to create this space within myself, my imaginary cloud-cuckoo-land; that I sometimes can easily zone out of civilization to enter another that makes less sense but exudes more appeal; my ‘tawaf’ around the house (I guess only family members can decipher this one); the long ‘retreat sessions’ I used to have in my ‘cave’ (nickname courtesy of my mother), so on and so forth, but somehow I had always kept my brain sentient to world events, however negligible my participation might be to advocate world peace or something.

Today I feel like a broken chip of my old self- very unacquainted, not as sharp as before, and I haven’t even reached twenty! Oh dear, this couldn’t possibly be one of the subtler signs of ageing, could it? Alright, that was pushing it... This is a crisis of resolution. My predicament might well be solved by reading the newspapers or watching the news, both of which a doubtful prospect given my shabby command of the language. I know, I can go online but my credit would all run out for other stuff before I know it (for the umpteenth time, internet here is expensive!). Ok, again my bad… and now I’m feeling all stupid and ignorant. People can go on and write intelligent stuff and I’ll just… put up pictures or something. I guess… I’ll figure this one out.

By the way, my condolences to all Chelsea fans… at least I have something to cheer about ;p


the train station at night


the only building said to have stood erected in the city after WW2


A sleigh-ride seems fun, isn't it?;)


Hurmm, this looks more fun! (wish I could get a closer snap, this is about the limit of my camera zoom from across the street, plus we were kind of in a hurry)


Alright, this wins hands down in the fun-ness factor!


paintings for sale along the walk to Volga river


beautiful strings of beads at one of the art n craft stalls


One of the huge shards of ice at the bank of Volga in our hands- had fun breaking them up and throwing them into the frozen river =)


Mother of Russia in white

ps: ABC- mission accomplished! ;D

pps: Today (23 February) is the celebration of Men's Day in Russia. So Happy Men's Day to all, er, Men!

13 comments:

dith said...

Dear Sofi,

Oh dear, am I getting more and more dyslexic each day? Why do I feel there's a marked incongruence between this entry and the pics displayed?

The blueness of your words depict a lost-soul in a zombie world but just look at those pics! You look as though you're having all the ball in the world! As though you're on vacation, hehe

The gay picture of you prancing on the icy path; the smiling-gleefully-you holding the ice shard; these are all plain testimonies of your happy-go-lucky character which I have described in my recent entry if you havent read already.

Glad you're having fun despite the 'Siberian' weather. As I told Kak Sarah, just find time to have 'allowed' fun to take you away from your tight study mode- your mind deserve that to conserve sanity!

Take care!

Ikelah said...

lovely pic, good compositing. it shows that ur happy there. u adapt well, for the zoom thing, save the pitis and by the end of your 6 years you canget youself a good SLR with adequate zoom.

salam pada kak sarah

study well and take care.

ifos said...

Hahaha... I fear people who read might get the impression that I'm under a depression which yeah, I'm actually not. Not really. I do have this many insecure feelings lurking inside but I guess I can mask them pretty well. And the thing is, everyone knows I'm rather... expressive (one way to put it I guess;p some of my friends prefer 'emo'), and that includes my writings. It's just the way I write, I really don't feel my latest entry is that miserable, but other people might. Well. I'd like to remind myself that this is my blog, I can write whatever I want, however I want, but I do realise that the concept demands you to satisfy the readers too to some extent. Maybe I'm being selfish here, heh.

Thanks for the wish drroza and ikelah =)

ifos said...

and Mak, the person 'skating' on the icy road was not me. I was the one taking the picture ;)

dith said...

Well, there's some posterior semblance there!

Anyway, you shouldnt indulge in such manoeuvre, in view of your weak knees.

p.s. tak de class hari ni?

Sya said...

when you wrote that you used to retreat into your 'cave', it triggers a memory in me. i used to live with my grandma during my secondary school years and there was really nothing to be done after school so i would just be holed up in my room. she called it my 'asrama'... :p

Anonymous said...

assalamualaikum...prevyet!!..whoa..the pics are all wonderful-even the raya one..wink*wink..i do agree that internet here are so expensive..still snowing eh?..here,ice starts to melt inch by inch each day..and i hope the spring will come earlier this year..mesti best kan ade kakak kat sn..makes u feel homey and less lonely..

well..u do sound depressed..i think,being a first year is challenging..there's so many new things, new friends, new environment that u have to adapt..some of it which u may find uncomfortable..but u will come at one stage where u can accept new things around u,where u'll learnt that it was all about life and even in everywhere u go it will be the same thing u have to face..

heads on..guns blazing..=)..take care u there..

Anonymous said...

Well hello there fellow caveman err...cavewomen, I mean. I like retreating to my room too, just to enjoy the quiet moment (or as my family members would testify, hours)of solitude.

And about not being actively advocating world peace? Been there, and still there :P

Anonymous said...

Assalamualaikum..
Yeah yeah.. let's celebrate Chelsea's loss together!! Hehehehee... ;P

Congrats on your accomplished mission! :)

Anonymous said...

The paintings sold along the walk to Volga river looks nice. Is it expensive?

Anonymous said...

Am not into football, but like AF the fever is so high that usually the details can't help brushing past me :) Anyway, how is it that I hear that Barcelona and Chelsea are so 'bitter' against each other?

how much do they charge for the internet over there? me, now I can't even imagine not having free connection in my room.

Love the photos' fun-factor :)

ifos said...

arbor_vitae86- Thanks for the wish =) And thanks for YOUR wish, Ayumi =) BTW I've just explained the meaning of 'ikat telinga' in my Jan 17 entry's comment box. Hehe. Pycnogenol, I have no idea of the price, I never asked ;p But using my instinct based on my 5-month experience living here, I think yeah, they might be quite expensive ;) About Chelsea, I just detest them for beating Man U last season, that's why ;p Barcelona has a very good team, too. And oh, internet- I heard they charge 2rubles per megabyte, not sure if it's accurate. But my credit fall sure is swift each n every time!!

Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site... cadillac dealers indianapolis Auto owners insurance structured settlement