Pages

Sunday, March 23, 2008

Good grief

Last night snow revisited- unforeseen by, well, me at least. I never checked the weather forecast anyway. Spring was already manifest for the past 2-3 weeks, so to suddenly see pearly white patches on the ground this morning, was sweet. Of course, the sun melted all of them over the course of the day, and a ditch of water had me all over the edge of my trousers, but three cheers for three-degree’s worth of winter nostalgia. =D

So what’s new after one month of absence from writing? To sum it up in one sentence (‘cos I really need to get on with the picture-editing from my UK trip)- my sister and I received a fantastic parcel from home, I launched a ‘bring bentou’ campaign in the process to become, er, frugal, which proved to be rather successful, we operated on a cat, I finally got hold of a handphone (a friend lent me his old one) so people elsewhere on planet earth can communicate with me, my first attempt at making kek batik failed miserably (and after Flutterby said, “Don’t worry, nobody fails at making kek batik” too. Sob.), had a haircut, my 2nd attempt at competitive scrabble (3rd, if you count the one during matriculation) failed again (I’m such a pretender, I don’t even play scrabble), went to watch an orchestra (Mozart & Rossini), celebrated Women’s day in pink (haha), rekindled my passion for knitting (now the flame’s diminished again), and Russia elected their new president (‘Medved’ from Medvedev means ‘bear’, by the way).

From home, I learned about Malaysia’s revolutionary election, my 14-year-old brother’s triumph in state-level photography competition (do visit his flickr, he shoots brilliant pics with his point-and-shoot camera), the birth of new offspring (the cat’s, mind), and the latest pet to roam home sweet home- a tarantula. Way to go, guys!

There. As Charlie Brown would say, “Good grief”.

9 comments:

dith said...

Have you seen the kitten pics? I am calling the cute, fat and furry one, Buntalshoot (an FMDC member's nick, hehe) and the thin, less furry. kink tailed but very cute face one, KK (kurus kedengkek, hehe)

Buntal has short legs and big body. SO she moves around with a rather unsteady gait albeit very cute and hamster like.

They like sleeping and hiding in the drain pipe hole and would pop up looking so cute and "rasa macam nak cekik" look <---to borrow ALiah's words!

Mayo looks after them like a bona fide dad! I would find them all curled up within his body next to the abandoned bicycles! Pray that they won't catch his kurap!

Jamil said...

Don't worry. I've failed at making kek batik too - simply for the reason that I haven't even begin to try.

Arifah said...

Sofi, saya pernah buat kek batik, texture tak jadik tapi rasa menjilat jari. Hehehe. So, don't worry, try again ok!

On your previous entry: memang susah kita nak tegakkan kebenaran agama and faith kita if ianya tak tertegak dengan sebetulnya dalam diri kita dulu. I'm in the process of becoming a true Muslim, insyaAllah. Tapi MasyaAllah, it is not an easy journey alone. Care to join me? :)

Take care dear!

ifos said...

mak- can't wait to see those kitties- hope they're big n healthy when we get back in july! And Tempang too, of course =)

jamil- hehe. you should try- they're very easy to make. theoretically at least, as you can see in my case. ;p

afie- yeah, i failed on the texture- lembik semacam. =p

And I'm taking up on the offer! =D thanks a bunch, you take care too.

Azra Ain said...

sofi, gambar-gambar yg luqman ambil sangat cantik. teruja tengok gambar tarantula tu. saya peminat tarantula. currently, im babysitting a pink toe tarantula for my friend. :D
ngee awesome!

Jamil said...

Theoretically: I can make kek batik if I give it a try

Factually: I am too lazy (and more importantly, too afraid) to go into the kitchen as I dare not turn on the gas.

.....

Do you even need gas to make kek batik?

dith said...

Jamil,

A man shouldn't be afraid of the kitchen Why, most excellent chefs are men, mind you!

What's this fuss over kek batik? I can make it with both eyes closed, hehe

pycnogenol said...

Charlie Brown often utters the catch phrase "Good grief!" when astonished or dismayed, and also in moments of extreme disappointment or despair.

Sofi, I'm just going to echo you here....good grief!! (I hope that explains my long silence) :(

Jamil said...

dith - I'm not scared of the kitchen itself, not at all. I'm more concerned about the disastrous results I may bring upon others if ever I were to even try heat some cooking oil, what more actually fry something in it.

Consider me the modern day Typhoid Mary