Pages

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Living zombie

Here I am again, about to apologise to my sorry self for not keeping up with my resolution. It seems like I’ve been doing a number of fancy pirouettes with my circadian rhythm lately that I’m entering some sort of zombie mode now. And I might look like I’m about to fall into a state of anarchy at any moment, but that’s normal, because I’m sitting for my ‘certification exam’ for therapy and surgery next week, with a skimpy 3-day gap between one and the other. Charming, a student’s life, isn’t it? It’s bad enough that we get so few holidays here; they also conduct exams during regular schooldays, amidst neck-breaking classes. Alright, I’m exaggerating (the neck-breaking part, not the exam-during-school part. That's true.). A little random ‘experiment’ the other day pointed me to verse 112 (and the following verses) of Surah Al-Mu’minun which translate as follow:-

He will say: "What number of years did ye stay on earth?"

They will say: "We stayed a day or part of a day: but ask those who keep account."

He will say: "Ye stayed not but a little,- if ye had only known!

"Did ye then think that We had created you in jest, and that ye would not be brought back to Us (for account)?"

Therefore exalted be Allah, the King, the Reality: there is no god but He, the Lord of the Throne of Honour!

If anyone invokes, besides Allah, Any other god, he has no authority therefor; and his reckoning will be only with his Lord! and verily the Unbelievers will fail to win through!

So say: "O my Lord! grant Thou forgiveness and mercy for Thou art the Best of those who show mercy!"

Al-Mu’minun: 112-118


Happy birthday to my father, who turns 47 today. May Allah bless you always. I love you very much.

10 comments:

dith said...

Thought of doing a "kak Sal" -like comment here but I refrain, hehe

Btw, like your gringe-smile. Fi, bukan main kepit ketiak abah tu, kalau tidak...hehe

Anonymous said...

Thanks Fi. Love you too. :)

ifos said...

mak- I did wish everyone else in my entries, you included! Cuma takde gambar je, cos my collection is kinda limited... hehe. Ni pun kebetulan ade sekeping. =p

abah- you're welcome! =)

ifos said...

bout kepit ketiak- that wasn't my hand, that was abah's. hehe.

Jamil said...

Charming, a student’s life, isn’t it?

You can certainly say that again. In my humble opinion, students are the busiest people second only to politicians. But that's just me and my funny way of looking at things.

Happy Birthday to Dr Azmi. He's just turned 47? That's young, isn't it?

By the way...I couldn't help but notice that you seem a bit fuller around the cheeks in that picture. You haven't been playing around with photoshop, have you...? *grin*

Anonymous said...

Happy 22nd birthday. May Allah bless you, give you Guidance and strength to face the world full of tests and challenge. Dont forget to read the Quran.

Love you always.

pycnogenol said...

Happy 22nd birthday Sofi!! Masih muda remaja awak ye? ;) Belajar rajin-rajin dan semoga diberkati Allah dan berjaya selalu!

And, a belated Happy Birthday to Abah and Mak Sofi too. Macam mana Pycno boleh terlepas ye?? Pertanda semakin muda lah tu!!

Juga ucapan Selamat Menyambut Hari Lahir pada SEMUA sanak saudara awak yang, entah macam mana boleh terlahir di bulan April. ;)

ifos said...

jamil- by fuller, do you mean, er, berisi?? why would I photoshop that??

abah- thank you very much =D

pycnogenol- thank you. muda remaja? always.. hehe.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.