Pages

Sunday, February 17, 2008

A sorry post

Little can soothe these ruffled feathers at the moment; it’s like one of those bad hair days- stuff that won’t literally curse you to eternal doom but enough to make you feel like shaving your head off and start fresh. (Ahem). I’ve been in quite a scuffle with my time management lately, wanting to do this and that, but end up watching a super lousy film in between wasting away several empty DVDs (long story) and dealing with a suspected virus-infested laptop (scans came out clean- but then why is it painstakingly slow and lagging here and there? After I’ve deleted a lot of unused programs too). Starting of the new semester had me reeling with mixed emotions- of relieved farewell to a dreary subject, excitement on a new one, and pure repulsion at the timetable which had us have most of the lectures in the afternoon, in between two classes. It won’t rob me off my naptime; however, I’d prefer to be spared the guilt.

Back to my bulldozed state of mind, even now I can’t help but write junk, teetering away from my original intended piece of writing, which should be, of course, about my recent travel to UK. I will write about it, the soonest I can get after restoring some gravity back to my flailing, sorry self (and closet).

It is still winter in Russia.

ps: Happy 46th birthday to my mother (18th February)! Hope you'd had a wonderful day, one filled with joy and blessings from Allah. And happy belated birthday to my sister Aliah, who turned 17 on 14th February. I love you both.

5 comments:

zyryx said...

about the laptop,the fault my be simpler than you thought.
when was the first time you noticed it/last time it was 'fast' enough for your standards?
then try troubleshooting
- it might have too little free space
- a recent programme might have slowed it down.(try remembering the last time you installed something)
- is your antivirus software up to date?is it genuine?(it works way better if it is,although mine's not either)
-does the laptop get too hot,or make audible and maybe loud noises?(that's usually the fan's friction).
if it's this, consider giving it 'rest periods to cool down

if you're too lazy to find out, a simpler way would be to use the system restore programme to set it back to the last known date it was most efficient.

Jamil said...

I have a better suggestion - get a new one ;)

By the way, you're already in your clinical years aren't you? I've seem to lost track of time - must be the exams.

dith said...

Fi, thanks for the wish and for loving us both, :p

Btw, is the SORRY in your entry title a noun or an adjective? If it's a noun, then it means you're sorry. If it's an adjective then it means your post is in a sorry state, hehe.

Anonymous said...

sedihnya tak ada gambar but glad that both of you are back in vogograd safe. harap dapat parcel tu cepat kalau tidak takut dia pos balik ke malaysia melalui bawah laut.

ok... take care. jangan lupa mengaji.

ifos said...

zyryx- thanks for the tips, i think i do overwork my laptop most of the time. It probably only needs some rest. hehe.

jamil- I'm at the same level as you =p does that answer the question?

mak- i noticed both possible meanings- i meant it for both =D

abah- inshaallah tak lama lagi... both parcel n pics. hehe.