Pages

Monday, January 07, 2008

Twenty-two sounds nice

Dearest Faezar, happy birthday! Kullu ‘aamin wa anti bikhair, inshaallah…

I knew Faezar at the same time I got to know Azleen. Azleen was the class monitor, she was the assistant. She lived at the end of my road back then, though we didn’t really become friends till I transferred to their class. The earliest sort of acquaintance I remember between us took place one day not long after I entered my new school- I was cycling whilst holding an ice lolly, when it suddenly slipped from my hand and fell onto the road. As I was picking it up, I noticed someone was looking, and saw Faezar sitting by the gate of her house. We exchanged smiles but I had no idea who she was at the time. Hehe. That was the beginning of our friendship, I guess. :)

Throughout the years, she’s been a fantastic friend, and we had a very colourful relationship, perhaps slightly too colourful at times. Hehe. Indeed there were rough patches along the way, but at the end of the day, she is still one of the most wonderful persons I’ve ever met and befriended. You can’t find a better listener, and a friend more loyal than her. Every time I returned home during the hols., she would make time so we could meet- even if she had classes on Saturday, i.e. spending on a less-than-a-day-trip back home. It may not mean a lot to some people, but it does to me.

One thing I truly admire about her is her strong conviction in her actions. And if she had a change of mind, she really meant it. When she first told me that she was switching her course from Medicine to Law, I was very surprised, as was everybody else. Many thought she’d made a mistake, but never once I heard her being in doubt or regretting her decision (but maybe if she hid it from me, I don’t know. Hehe.). Now, seeing her all well and excelling in her studies, I know she made the right choice… And even if she’s to change her mind in the future, she’ll do great nonetheless. Because that's just the kind of person she is. =D

Hope this makes your day. ;)


Dahulu


Sekarang

4 comments:

pycnogenol said...

"Birthdays are good for you. Statistics show that the people who have the most live the longest".
-Larry Lorenzoni-

And, twenty-two sure sounds nice, though Pycno has quite forgotten when was it that he celebrated his 22nd birthday. :(

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Faezar and many happy returns of the day!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday faezar. may Allah Bless you and your family.

dith said...

Happy Birthday Faezar! May Allah swt bless and guide you always!

Pycno- Hebat betul si Larry Lorenzoni tu yek! Statistics study dia memang tepat setepat mungkin!:P

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday.... belated.

'Dahulu' picture - ingatkan tu Aliah.

Huhuhehe.