Pages

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Exam mode

Happy New Year 1429 to all Muslims out there. =D

I’m sitting for my finals, starting this Monday. Ain’t winter exams the greatest… haha. Not. I have many other things to contend with- the weather, for example. And my acne. Hehe. And then there’s this little matter of me not being that keen on all the coming exam subjects for different reasons. But I’m trying to cope, so yet again, please, Mak and Abah, no lecturing here.;p Another point worth mentioning- my mind keeps dallying around the thought of my upcoming trip to the UK- not the trip per se, but the puzzling donkeywork prior. We have to return all library books, get some signatures here and there, blabla, more signatures, before we can finally collect our visa. I forget about the details of the procedure every time, but I do remember that it curiously resembles a treasure hunt, with all the scattered checkpoints. So good luck to me this time; I’m lucky to have two days after my final paper before leaving.

About the trip: my sister and I are visiting our icky li’l bro, who is currently studying in Bristol, for 10 days. Hopefully we can also meet up with Aunty Farah, our father’s cousin, who is doing her masters in Cranfield. Anyone else in the UK who wishes to extend their courtesy to us travellers, I thank you in advance.:)

ps: with regards to exams, I'm posting some pics that we managed to take with some of our lecturers last week of the semester i.e. two weeks ago. ;)


Assoc. Prof. Alexei Vladimirovich Smirnov, our Pathological Anatomy lecturer cum favourite lecturer this sem (great teaching, great sense of humour)


Diana Vladimirovna, our Surgery lecturer. I thought female surgeons might be a li'l bit skema (as opposed to male surgeons who mostly have this couldn't-care-less attitude), but well, I guess she's still one of 'em! Haha.


Valentina Andreyevna, our Russian lecturer. Very kay-poh, but lovable.

9 comments:

dith said...

As always I wish you all the very best i.e. 5 in every subject and May Allah guide you! Ameen

Anonymous said...

u look excited in the 1st pic...! nyway nice tudung~!

Anonymous said...

all da besto!

ifos said...

Mak- thank you :)

Azleen- tu tgh geli hati... sebab cikgu ktrg mcm poyo je dgn idea2 bergambar die mase tu- pegang2 buku la, pura2 mengajar, kaji slide, etc. haha. btw thanks- the tudung's not mine tho'! =p

Anonymous said...

selamat menempuh peperiksaan semoga berjaya dengan cemerlang.

sedang baca "ketika cinta bertasbih"

:)

Azra Ain said...

Sofi, all the best!

Jamil said...

Good luck in your exams! You seem to have very nice lecturers...

pycnogenol said...

When students are in exam mode, I'm usually in my happy mode. ;)

BEST OF LUCK Sofi!!

Anonymous said...

You, casually, not the expert?