Pages

Monday, August 06, 2007

Hong Kong: People



Alright, so the collage is more about wax figures at Madame Tussauds than live, animate people on the street. That's me being bitter. I wish I could go the extra length to photograph everything I set my heart on, not bounded by disproportionate qualms and reservation.

If there was one thing about Hong Kong that stood head and shoulders apart from the rest, it was the dynamism of the people. Everywhere you turned to, everybody was just actively on the go; business took place at the flick of a finger and trust me, you wouldn't feel scared of getting lost and having nowhere or no one to turn to- help was everywhere around you. The acts of hospitality and great competency were especially demonstrated to us at the airport, which had now become my favourite airport in the world (not that I've been to many. haha). Those guys were fast, professional and always ready to lend a hand, unlike so many officers I’d had the displeasure of encountering here and in other places.

I think I could turn people sick with another word of adoration ;p There was a snag to the delightful candy bag of a trip, sure. There always were. In fact, there were a few snags- not least was the expensive cost of expenditure, which could certainly be managed with careful and sensible planning. It would be most inconvenient, however, if you miscalculated the conversion rate of your currencies and discovered the truth only after you had finished all your last-minute shopping, which we so gullibly did. Haha. The horrors of realising you actually spent a third more than you thought you did…

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

whats for me? ihik ihik..

Jamil said...

I have always wondered what I'd say to Einstein if he were standing next to me.

"You've got something in your hair" probably.

ifos said...

Anonymous- Hehe who's this?

Hiyoshi- Haha... try standing next to Yao Ming. I felt like a baby dwarf.

Anonymous said...

nice pics, interesting journey, eye catching collection.

Jalilah said...

Bestnye!!!

Wax-Elvis seems thinner, eh? maybe that was Elvis in his youth, kan?

Is real-life You-Ming that tall??? Of course-lah kan? hehe.. OMG!!He's too tall for us, Asians, no wonder he moved to the States. Hihi...