Pages

Saturday, April 14, 2007

Friday the 13th

The title above spooked you? Haha... my sister playfully reminded me the other day of the star-crossed peculiarity that befell my birthday this year. Not that I care anyway. I had fortunate enough a day to make my smile stay on till now. =D Too many kind words, too many moving gestures, too many lovely presents- I have no idea to what extent do I deserve all this generosity. In short, thank you all- only Allah can rightfully reward you for your thoughtfulness. My heart can only swell with happiness. Hehe.

Note: The fear of Friday the 13th is called paraskavedekatriaphobia or friggatriskaidekaphobia. Despite the supposedly-eerie effect, they sound rather funny, eh?

Another trivia: I share the same birthday as Garry Kasparov. But I suck at chess. =p

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i am glad that you enjoy your day. aki cook gulai labu masak lemak, ikan goreng, ikan pekasam, sambal lada garam and of course with petai yesterday afternoon. he and the boys celebrated on your behalf at his place after the friday prayers. :)

kalau ikut cina, 13 is supposed to be good and 14 bad.

since you are a quarter chinese, we just follow the chinese belief. :)

ifos said...

Mama Sarah- thank you very much!

Abah- Haha. kim slm kat aki, I'm still waiting for my parcel of petai. Ngeh2.

Arifah said...

Happy burstday! ;)

Jamil said...

Cool. I share the same birthday Tim Curry, which I doubt has anything to do with my liking for the Indian dish.

Happy Birthday!