Pages

Sunday, February 25, 2007

More celebration

Saturday, 24th February.

I promised my dad to write about my trip- sorry Abah, for the past 3 days I had been busy practicing my ribbon dance for our Chinese New Year celebration this afternoon. Or at least that was what I told everyone who asked about my whereabouts. Hehe. Actually I have become one of Wong Fei Hung’s disciples and traded medical books (pah! My laptop, more like) for some kicks and punches. *cue to roll your eyes*

When I was invited to join the group of nine people with utterly no knowledge of wushu (apart from the awesome Chai, who was our sifu) for a performance on that day, I didn’t skip a beat to say yes. That was before the fact that everybody who was anybody in town would watch us sank in, which by then was already a little too late. But I had a lot of fun, albeit having mere 3 days for training. It’s been a long time since I did this kind of thing, and I realised how much I’ve missed learning martial arts. Now all we need to do is goad Chai into opening a wushu club. Hehe.

Today also marked the first time I went to a party in a pair of track pants and not having a camera in my hand. Kinda cool actually, butting in every picture for once rather than clicking the shutter. I have to do this more often. Hehe. The food and beverage were top-notch, especially the pau. Yummy pau! There was also a little exhibition in the hall, featuring amongst others Chinese calligraphy, where you can get personalised inscription of your names, and the art of drinking Chinese tea which I somehow missed, being busy with our final rehearsal. Such a bummer for tea-lover me.

All in all- a festive occasion to be remembered. Once again, Xin Nian Kuai Le!

And Happy Men's Day (23 Feb) to every man in Russia ;)


One of our movements


posing for pictures after the show ended


From left: Sin Ye, Sin Wan, Kah Wei, Kak Haneem, Fatin, me.


Volgan bloggers edisi Chinese New Year: Zyryx gets greedy


This one had me in stitches- these guys were trying to burn firecrackers made of paper. Haha.

ps: pictures courtesy of Kak Haneem. Xie xie ni!
pps: Turkey trip coming soon...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I dont know how to say "you're welcome" in Cantonese/Mandarin so "pazhalsta!" will just do.

I love the Volgan bloggers @ CNY!

I miss taekwondo-ing. Eh, what ever happened to that Karate class we were planning to join??

Hmmm...

Anonymous said...

are your knees doing fine?

yes... no more karete?

still waiting for the turkey pics....not even in the mails. :(

Anonymous said...

may i butt in?
for "you're welcome" i think it's "pu yong ke tchi" B)(dons a pair of sunglasses making a supposedly cool pose)

me greedy?mei you de!show them the next pic wei!

Anonymous said...

cool moves, btw.i wish i'd learned some from chai too

ifos said...

Neemo- karate, jom! seriously!

Abah- my knees are fine... time sejuk rase sakit2 tu bese laa..

zyryx- LOL!