Pages

Saturday, February 17, 2007

C'est la vie part 2

Life has been so peculiar these days. Like, five days ago I was knitting (many people thought the world was coming to an end... yeah, I thought so too. haha). Then I had a dream wherein my whole family went on a vacation in Brazil, and our hotel room overlooked a green, green paddy field. Weirder still, everybody there spoke Russian (actually we spoke Malay but somehow the language was called Russian. Ape2 lah.). The next day I got hugged by our hostel 'technician' whom we called Papa- it was his birthday, apparently- he even brushed his cheek against mine! I "euuuuwww"-ed the whole way back to my room. Thought he was drunk but he was actually drinking tea with a Mama (hostel cleaner) at the moment. Can drinking tea induce such unfathomable behaviour?? Meanwhile yesterday I bought a pair of pants specifically made for a 3.9-month pregnant woman, or so the label said. But who cares? They were pretty. Heh.

And today... today, the wonder out of wonders being the fact that I finally managed to remember to bring my room key along, so that I didn't have to ask to borrow from Mama like every other time, and receive a dreadful hug from a quinquagenarian (or is it sexagenarian?) of a birthday boy in the process. The creeps.

4 comments:

Arifah said...

Aiyokkk. You can knit?!! *gasp*
Congratulations. :)

pycnogenol said...

clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap

.....for the knitting and for remembering your room keys!!

There must surely be some external motivation to thrive in such creative endeavour!

Jalilah said...

What a dream. I couldn't help but smile when I read about your dream. Hehe

ifos said...

is there anyone who isn't baffled by the fact that I knit??? Hohoho.

I learned the art from our host in Istanbul, but I know it won't last- I don't do well with repeating mode of work- you repeat, repeat, kick yourself for every mistake (which are countless really), repeat... forget the other new step, invent own simpul technique, repeat, repeat... already I've put it on hold for several days to give way to a greater hobby- drama series. Hehe.