Pages

Sunday, October 16, 2005

From Russia with love

Hehe... cheesy line up there, I know, but who cares... I'm roughly 6900 kilometres away from home, I'm allowed to be as cheesy as I want! =D With all due respect, it was not my intention to abandon my blog for such a long period of time- I myself can't fully explain the silence... let's just assume it was writer's block ;) Though in a way, I can say that I'm a bit overwhelmed by all the things I've been through for the past month that if I were to put them to words, I would have had a major headache deciding on where to begin!

I'm feeling totally rusty and out of sorts right now… nothing that a good cup of tea couldn’t cure, but boiling water isn’t such a hot idea at 4.10 in the morning, not according to my dictionary. Anyway, between the ugly unfamiliarity of an alien soil and heady wind ready to sweep you off your feet at one go, I’m actually doing rather fine here, relatively speaking. I’m starting to love this beautiful place and the bouncy weather (kind of) and everybody has been kind, thus far. The phase of adjustment is all but over for me, but I’m swimming right up there with my flock, so everything is just FINE =)

Really, words are failing me now… I guess I’ll have to exemplify my points next with pictures. Have a good day everyone!


The majestic Mother of Russia statue, situated on a hill


Memorial nearby the statue to commemorate fallen soldiers in the Stalingrad Battle during WW2 (at the centre: The Light of Eternal Flame)*this picture was taken during the changing of guards ceremony*



My roommate and I near the statue one rainy afternoon




Beautiful roses at a garden on the hill

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

the title sounds just right... it's such a relief to hear from you again!

pics looking good enough for postcards.. *hint, hint* ;)

Azra Ain said...

Woohooo~! Roses are beatuiful! Those roses are lovely!!!

Anonymous said...

The postcards must be quite cheap over there.
Good enough so far with that tiny pocket camera.

Anonymous said...

Lovely pics....but I guess we are all hoping to see more of you in those pics.

It's good to know that you're settling down well. Take care....

dith said...

The ever sentimental Pycnogenol, wanting every picture to have a human figure in it!

Fi- abah said you take great pics and that you make Vogograd look more appealing and less gloomy. So the toilets are bad huh? I thought Sarah said they were ok?

Anonymous said...

The toilets probably got bad when Ifos got there. It`s a new era have begun.

Jalilah said...

oh my god, you are already in russia. it's good to know that you're okay. I wish you luck living in a foreign land and may Allah be with you in whatever you do. and wow, you're a great photographer ifos. :)