Pages

Thursday, September 08, 2005

Wasiat to my brother

My youngest brother had his own idea of Merdeka- he had just battled through the scare of UPSR and live to tell the story. Yesterday he asked me to pick him up one hour late so that he could 'celebrate' with his fellow comrades. Next week will be his grand celebration though, when he goes on a class trip to Sarawak for three days (I've never been to Sarawak!). And this morning, at about 6.40am, he knocked on my door- already fully attired with schoolbag slung over his shoulder- and urged me to get ready (read: pull on jumper and tudung) to send him to school.

This afternoon I eyed him with envy as he plopped down on the chair, watching TV. Now this is difficult to explain, but he appeared to have accomplished some sort of 'total freedom' in his part and is unrestrained to prowl around doing whatever he wants that it had me in envy a little bit. Well, so am I (free for leisure), but it just isn't the same, I can't say why! It just is.

Later this evening, I decided to give him a bit of a wasiat (konon!). So I summoned him to the bathroom we both share with my toothbrush still dangling from my hand and mouth still filled with toothpaste (OK it's beginning to get gross). Here goes our conversation (actually I did all the talking. haha):

"Man (short for Luqman), kak fi nak pesan sikit. Nanti 2 minggu lagi bile kak fi dah takde, toilet ni- "

"Maman kene flush, kan?" he interjected.

"Er... ye (clearly that wasn't what i had in mind). Lagi satu, shampoo, sabun semua ni, bile dah habis, buang tau, jangan biar bersepah kat sini. Faham?"

"Hmmm..."

"Hmm tu akan buat ke tak?"

"Tak akan... (saw me flash my evil sister look) hehehe akan laa."

"Then kalau rambut jatuh mase shampoo tu, kaut dengan plastik, buang. Jangan masukkan dalam lubang air tu."

He didn't quite get how so I had to do a demonstration there for a minute.

"Lagi, lantai toilet ni (I'm on a roll now ;p) bersihkan guna berus tu. Taruk sikit pencuci lantai dalam baldi, campur dengan air ("banyak mane?" serius je tanye) dalam suku baldi, lepas tu berus la."

"Toilet bowl pun same. Gune berus yang tu, bersihkan dalam die, tepi-tepi tu semua. OK? Bagus."

Of course I did not expect him to do all that, but his perplexed look upon all the instructions was worth it. Haha. After that I proceeded with my wudhu' and was getting ready for maghrib when he knocked on my bathroom door two minutes later.

"Kenape?"

"Kak Pi, Man nak cakap sikit."

"Ape?"

"Nanti, minggu depan bile Man takde, toilet ni, tolong bersihkan. Toilet tu flush. Berus tu-" At this point, I shut the door and sang "tralalalala" to drown out his voice.

The cheek!

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

The exhilarating feeling of relief after each exams are ever so welcomed. But as human beings our trials and tribulations never stop. As for you iFos, you will be embarking into a life-long test soon. May Allah swt ease you out in every difficulties you face. Ameen.

Anonymous said...

My most memorable post-exam ecstacy would be after finishing my last paper of MCE (yes mine was the last batch to sit for MCE, hehe). I was in St. Georges' Girls School (very nice school) that time. We, about 7-8 girls set out straight from the exam hall, in our school uniforms, took the bus to a cinema in Penang Rd to watch the first ever Star Wars movie!! Yes iFos, I watched Star Wars years and years before you did! (even though I still sleep whilst watching parts of the sequels, :p!) When the film ended, as we were moving out, a man quipped 'eh, awak semua sekolah kat panggung wayang ke?' Too jubilant, we were not in the mood to answer him back. We could have shamed him by replying, ' eh yang awak tu, solat jumaat kat panggung wayang ke?' Anyway, the good feeling and the great freedom of post exams were so empowering on us then, we left the movie, took a bus and shouted ' MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU!' Heheh

Anonymous said...

huh... i cant remember much of my post MCE. The only memory left was posing at the school water tank. it was a challenging climb, with the rusty defective ladder to support our weight.
I never miss posing(a camera always in hand) on the highest mark before leaving school or college. At Alam Shah, we had to push though a heavy cobwebbed staircase, left for years unattended.

I usually had my 'raya' before the exam. At boarding school, the of boredom of the only batch left behind pushed us to be naughty to relieve the stress.. Games, sneaking out of school at night, disturbing the warden homes etc(prefect tu).

As for ifos with his little brother, becareful with that boy. He is now 12 yrs, be close and guide him so that you will not have another metrosexual younger brother.

Jalilah said...

wah, bestnye ade little brother to boss around. Hehe... let's just look at it as memberi arahan, not bossing around. hihi (bukan ke sama je??? cume different language ;])haha, as for me, I am the youngest in my family so I didn't get to boss around my siblings, I was actually the one who got bossed around. Hehehehehehe

Anonymous said...

His repeating your wasiat is a good sign then ;) Let's hope the toilet will be in good hands hehe.

If you don't mind, please could you tell which university is it you're going to? Kursk?

Anonymous said...

Assalamualaikum..

Cute nye!! Heheh.. I had a grin on my face when I read through your entry.. Can't imagine what it's like when my baby brother will finally turn into a kid like your brother.. haha..

Anonymous said...

So when are you actually going? Hope everything will run smooth for you overthere. Study hard, kay!

Anonymous said...

That's one intelligent brother you have there!! Pandai mengena balik pula tu....

You know you're gonna terribly miss him. So, dont forget to hug the "little devil" before you leave for Russia!!!

Anonymous said...

Ifos,
I`m waiting for ur new entry. Sibuk beli bekalan ke?

Anonymous said...

haha... one of my memorable moment of post-SPM was have photo taken on top of the water tower too! and being in a residential school did not stop most of us from "flying" out of school at night.

i did it in style - through the front gate - as opposed to the other kids climbing the fence behind the dining hall, risking a fall into a nasty smelly drain. ahahaha

Anonymous said...

Heeheeeheeeheeheeeheeheeeeeee. XD

That reminded me of how twisted my own brothers are. Budak bertuah ni.

My youngest brother is called Man or Aman too; short for Salman, though. :)

And the reason you don't feel as free as he does -- it's because he's just finished (what to him, is) the ultimate exam of his life, that he has been hearing about from the mouths of teachers and family members since early in the year, what, apparently, is a very important thing that he must succeed in.

And now it's all over, Merdeka! =D

And I'll bet if I asked any of my brothers (even the elder one) to clean the toilet -- they won't.

Anonymous said...

Heheh...they'll say the darndest things when you least expect it. A good sign that he's growing up normally.

Wish I were done with my exams already. I've used up the last of my sanity to get through the physiology paper just now...and tomorrow we're having histology *wail*

Oh well. Exams are still exams. Say, when are you boarding the plane to that snowy place? (I forgot where)

Anonymous said...

My Wasiat to you la Ifos, bawak batu lesung sebijik. The real bahan tumisan and sambal belacan can only be prepared with a batu lesung. It can make you the most powerfull Malaysian in the whole of Russia. orang berduyun duyun nak jumpa tunjuk hormat.

Anonymous said...

Bukan saja datang untuk tunjuk hormat but to join for meals without being invited!!! Do you want that iFos? Decide on the batu lesung.

Anonymous said...

Selamat memulakan kehidupan baru di Russia... wrap up warm sebab sejukksss... May the years ahead be filled with lots of learning and laughter and the company of good friends whom you don't mind turning up uninvited for meals, but also who won't mind you crashing their homes for a free bite. And selamatlah puasa berbuka 4 pm!!! :)

Anonymous said...

dari emak
ke anak

Suriya said...

Take care Ifos, Allah be with you. I have a daughter in Manipal just finished her first year.

Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it » »