Pages

Saturday, July 03, 2010

Post-exam relief syndrome

Life is like a Rubik's cube, with 519 quintillion possible arrangements of the pieces, each discrete and unique from the other. The past few weeks for me, at least, have demonstrated just that- news and events, good and bad, have contrastingly teemed this head to the brim, and left me marveling at the sublimity of God's decree for every one of His creations.

Most of the things happened felt too personal to write about, and it's funny that after filtering my thoughts, the things left to be said suddenly seem so shallow and trivial. Like the World Cup. People know I love football, and people know I'm quite, er, expressive by nature, but make no mistake, I won't lose sleep over Brazil's loss in the quarters. Nor Roger Federer's exit in Wimbledon for that matter (tibe2). Hehe. I'm into it, yes, but I can be out of it in (almost) no time too.

That said, vamos Argentina and Rafa!

Alhamdulillah Allah has eased my way through my finals (which included a week of sleeping on the floor. Don't ask.), and now that it's over, I should be flying home as I usually would, right? Wrong. We're bullied into doing this 3-week practical thing in emergency care, and as positive as I have been about this program ever since its conception, this badgering shadow of doubt keeps creeping back in. I hope to be proven wrong, and be an enlightened person by the end of it. *sniffs*

It's a comforting thought, having another year of medical slogging before getting that giant responsibility of a doctor thrusted upon your shoulders. All things considered, no, I do not envy my recently-graduated seniors, for I feel so inadequate in my position right now to be coveting any title but that of a student. I love being a student, and I don't have to experience the brunt of heavy work for a while to realise that. ;p Stormy seas await me next year, so let me work on my sails and bearings for now...

4 comments:

dith said...

Stormy sea or not, I pray you will handle it well mentally and physically...no matter how gruesome they may depict the scenario, insyallah let's pray for a shift of things into a more positive dimension...ameen YA Allah!

Najwa Pervin said...

Best of luck for all your endeavors !

Ikelah said...

i have read this article a few days back but did not write any comment. this Rubik's cube thing fascinates me in a way but how hard i think it still end with the vision of similar color arrangement per side in all the 6 sides. what one to achieve from all the 519 quintillion possible arrangements is still the ONE right arrangement.

So is life. Our goal is only one. from what ever route we take, it must be the right way or else we will not able to reach the 'oneness' the ultimate goal.

Some take a long twisted road, some have to retrace back and continue but some are gifted with a shorter time to reach the goal. however there are many who fail and need help but some give up totally.

Who are the helpers then? the ones who are gifted with the sight beyond sight, who finish early and understand the path well.

wallahu 'alam.

momad said...

GOOD LUCK KAKPI!