Pages

Monday, September 29, 2008

Eid and sunrises

We’re celebrating eid on Tuesday over here- a heartfelt wish to my Muslim brothers and sisters all over the world. Ramadhan, as always, elapse fleetingly, and I am routinely left wondering whether I have truly made the most of this period of bounty and mercy.

First day of Syawal will be observed within the four walls of our mobster of a lecturer’s room, trembling from fear of being the next victim of her ‘constructive criticism’. Haha. I made her sound quite criminal, but she’s not, really. She just scowls instead of smiles, and does not practice filtration of thoughts, is all. Oh and don’t try to act smart unless you’re sure, or she may start to question your worth as a human being. These trivia swept aside though, she’s a brilliant doctor and teacher. I just wish our Opthalmology classes had ended before Syawal- next cycle is pretty stress-free- so that we can have a proper celebration.

We’re going through quite a chilly autumn now, as opposed to last autumn at this time of year. Green colour still dominates, although the shade gets duller by the day. I’m coveting the sight of my favourite season here- seas of golden leaves with blushes of crimson speckled in between. It’s the best time for choosing to walk back home from classes- the best time for appreciating the delicacy of nature, as the weather is neither too cold nor too hot for comfort. The sun rises later, giving you a chance to get a glimpse of its glory (no similar chance during summer- unless you’re an owl).

I’ve seen so many sunrises here, more than I’ve ever had back in Malaysia. As seasons trade places, so do my sleeping and waking time, and thus, for a variety of reasons, I consider watching the sunrise most opportune during late autumn and early winter, and exam time in summer (when you magically transform into an owl). For the past three years I’ve lived in this side of the building, facing the sunrise. And all this while, I’ve been longing to switch to the other side towards the sunset. For I’ve always thought that sunsets are prettier than sunrises, and the sunsets here are really something to behold of. Imagine a rainbow the size of the sky.

When it comes down to it, I can watch the sunset every day easily as my sister’s room is just on the opposite side- she indulges in the wonder every day. But I don’t. For the most part, it’s due to lack of attentiveness- the sky will almost always have gone dark when I come to notice about time. But also, I love the moment when I suddenly come across the sunset once in a while- the surge of amazement at such an ornate mesh of colours profiling the sky. I doubt the feeling of awe will recede by watching it every day, but occasions do make things appear more special.

In spite of it, however, I still wish I can watch the sunset every day- some things I believe won’t lose their magic even through constant repetition, and sunsets are one of them.

For now though, I’m perfectly content with beautiful sunrises.





7 comments:

Azra Ain said...

beautiful. very.

Anonymous said...

very nice. why is all the sunsets without the sun?

Selamat hari Raya Eid Al Mubarak. Nak rendang opor sikit!

ifos said...

these are sunrises... sunsets are much better, but no pics for now. hehe. ni blum cerah btul2 lg, sebab tu takde matahari.. tp sunrise around this time mmg tak mcm kat msia, ade defined margins of the sun- just streaks of light.

selamat hari raya... opor tak jadi sedap mcm kat kenduri kawin =(

Jamil said...

I wonder, how many pictures of sunsets/sunrises have been taken by people all over the world? They are beautiful indeed, I'll agree to that any day - especially if you have a subject to silhouette against the backdrop :)

Anonymous said...

Akhirnya dapat jugok nengok gambor dari kamera baru. Lain sungguh jadinya sunrise nih sampai ikelah ingat sunset. Ni kalau guna lens 17-55 atau 12-24, mungkin nampak cam aurora plak.

Anonymous said...

How can i carry away windows xp from my laptop and reinstall windows Me -the laptops first software?
I have recently bought a in use accustomed to laptop that is old. The himself I had bought it from had installed windows xp on it, even though it originally came with windows Me. I want to eradicate the windows xp because it runs slows on the laptop because it takes up more thought than the windows Me would. Also I need to unseat windows xp because it is an forbidden copy. So when I tried to stir one's stumps updates on it, windows would not introduce updates because the windows xp is not genuine. [URL=http://kladeac.makesboyscrazy.com]amparo grisales[/URL]
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Answers :

It's more advisedly to relinquish [URL=http://olqaaaz.makesboyscrazy.com/najarian-furniture.html]najarian furniture[/URL] Windows XP and even-handed upgrade your laptop. It's much better. [URL=http://xfsvejh.makesboyscrazy.com/slow-cooker-barbecue-brisket-recipe.html]slow cooker barbecue brisket recipe[/URL] In addition to, Windows XP is way [URL=http://pdzdoxo.makesgirlscrazy.com/gary-massoth.html]gary massoth[/URL] more advisedly then Windows Me. Windows Me is d‚mod‚ and tons programs that can come across with XP, can't [URL=http://yaadxxp.makesboyscrazy.com/clipon-hosters-32-auto-pistol.html]clipon hosters 32 auto pistol[/URL] path with Me.
------------------------------
all you take to do is interject the windows me disk into the cd drive. then reboot your laptop, when the black [URL=http://tphueks.makesboyscrazy.com/cubis-2-shockwave.html]cubis 2 shockwave[/URL] sieve with all the info comes up and when it asks u to boot from cd [URL=http://pdzdoxo.makesgirlscrazy.com/gas-cap-1982-honda-cx500.html]gas cap 1982 honda cx500[/URL] belt any key when it tells you to then put from there !!! I RECOMEND SINCE ITS AN ILLEAGLE COPY TO WIPE [URL=http://tneqnyw.makesboyscrazy.com/puppy-first-menstrual-cycle.html]puppy first menstrual cycle[/URL] OUT THE [URL=http://ysugjho.makesgirlscrazy.com/us-canadian-currancy-conversion.html]us canadian currancy conversion[/URL] TOTAL HARD DRIVE WHEN IT ASKS YOU WHICH UNDENIABLE [URL=http://omoohqe.makesgirlscrazy.com/football-coach-denny-stolz.html]football coach denny stolz[/URL] DRIVE TO INSTITUTE IT ON. THEN ADD ALL THE UNUSED PAUSE ON THE WASTE [URL=http://gxgoowf.makesgirlscrazy.com/ebonics-dictionary.html]ebonics dictionary[/URL] URGENTLY SPUR ONTO A UP TO DATE DOCUMENTATION LOCATION, IT WILL-POWER LOOK LIKE C:/ Open or something like that

Anonymous said...

Great [url=http://www.rayban-cheap4uk.co.uk]ray ban uk[/url] site. A lot of helpful info here. [url=http://www.rayban-cheap4uk.co.uk]ray ban sale[/url] , I am sending it to a few buddies ans additionally sharing in delicious. And naturally, thanks to your effort!