Pages

Sunday, July 01, 2007

Kismet and me

Some kind of a too-technical-to-digest warning suddenly appeared on my laptop screen yesterday which could only spell t-r-o-u-b-l-e. True enough, as I restarted the whole thing, all my settings were reset- histories erased, folders missing, diddly Dell wallpaper took over (ok, a bit trivial, but it reappeared each time I switched on the laptop! Grr)... my heart nearly dropped at the thought of losing all my important documents. Eventually, I managed to retrace all my files, but I had no idea how to fix this unheralded mess. The laptop greeted me as if I was a new, foreign user. Sob. Luckily, I'm going home soon (tomorrow my journey starts) and I have the utmost confidence in my father to 'doctor' the whole caboodle. Right, Abah? Hehe.

Almost everyone in my floor has gone back home, including my roommates. Deafening silence gripped the air. Not fun.

4 comments:

dith said...

Next year, to avoid the deafening silence, attain 'oftomobit' or whatever they call it for all your subjects and skip any transits and come back ASAP, :p

Jamil said...

Funny. I've been called back home too, to fix a bug in the computer which annoyingly closes Firefox every time anyone tries to open it.

*Can I tell people that I work as a part time IT assistant?*

Anonymous said...

Ahh... the heart-drop. :D I remember feeling the same when I accidentally deleted the folders containing the gazillion mp3, and then emptied the recycle bin some more.

ifos said...

mak- takde dah 'oftomobit' next year. haha.

hiyoshi and crimsonskye- to add salt to injury, now I realise that I left my laptop's charger in my friend's bag, who lives in faraway kota bharu. And she seems uncontactable at the mo'. How bout that...