Pages

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Snow's coming to town

Someone was late to lecture this morning because the electric juice dried in Hiroshima and, upon stepping on the maiden snow blanket in front of the hostel, she could not resist snapping several pictures. Selamat tak kena halau keluar lecture hall… hehe.


7 November aka 3 weeks ago


22 November aka 1 week ago


28 November aka this morning

We discovered a new route from the bus stop to hostel via Bakinskaya on Saturday. This is so old news for many, but do allow me to amuse myself for a bit. The two of us were a couple of cheats actually- we stalked a senior taking that particular route, hence the (not) grand unearthing. The fun bit was when we had to walk across a railway track, which brought to mind some comic scenes from a much-loved hobby (read: television) of yesteryears. Say, the Looney Toons, where the baddies would strap a damsel on a track with the train coming at breakneck speed, or a gung-ho fight scene on the roof of a carriage in Bollywood flicks. Alright I’m spouting gibberish. In short, we’re including the route in the chronicle of our great traveling (mis)adventures in Russia. *chuckles*

Speaking of which, I’m suddenly reminded of Anastasia. As in the Disney movie, which I loved very much, watching it years and years ago. Her romantic journey across the continent inspired my long-standing dream of backpacking around Europe. Paris on train this winter, anyone? =D

6 comments:

dith said...

Dear Sofi,

I hope you know that it's wrong to cross a railway track. Not to mention the real danger that accompanies it!
(Bet that's why your seniors didnt divulge to short cut. They are concerned for the juniors' safety, :p)

Take care!

Love :

Mak

ifos said...

Mak, hehe.. tapi dia mmg ada laluan to cross, tp mcm tak proper sgt la.

tenkostar said...

paris. gogogogoogogogogogogogogogogogoogogogogogogogogogogogo.... go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



*jealous*

Jamil said...

The idea of going to Paris on a train sounds very much Anastasia-ish to me already.

p.s. I watched that movie too :P

Anonymous said...

a train ride to central siberia or northern murmansk or maybe the fareast vladivostok perhaps.

Jalilah said...

I love anastasia. It is one of the few disney animations I love.
Oh, I would love to go to paris with you *wink*wink (if only I have the money *sigh). Hihi... Anyway, have fun during your winter holidays!!!