Pages

Thursday, November 09, 2006

Festive fever endures...

It snowed this morning! The first time (if I wasn't too busy snuggling under the covers to notice) was on Sunday though- the day we had our huge eid celebration for all Malaysians currently dwelling in Volgograd. It was neatly sandwiched between our little 3-day holiday to mark the Day of People's Unity/National Unity in Russia, so we had quite the time and space to set things in order for the grand(-ish) occasion. Since we were not lucky enough to have our own Malaysian hall, Malaysian officials and all the jazz, everything had to be done by ourselves and that, in itself, proved to be a blessing in disguise. You get to have your truly own celebration, style it the way you want. You get to work with your comrades, foster solidarity and good festive spirit. You learn to make 135 litres of syrup and lychee. Heheh.

The (supposedly) ongoing plan for the photo album is again put on hold, as I spam my own site with another merry batch of pictures. Great food, great people, great atmosphere- what more could you ask? And oh yeah, it snowed. *grin stupidly*


Us, the food servers


Volgan (as denoted by Azleen- it strongly reminds me of the Vogons in the Hitchhikers' series. Trust me, you wouldn't want to be in the company of a Vogon. LOL) bloggers:- Neemo, Zyryx, me.


My roomies and me


Some of the 2nd-year students

10 comments:

jellyfungus said...

#2 picture: "say.. BLOGGG!"

hehehehe!

zyryx said...

me volgan like say blog...hehe
what vogon?never heard such thing...u mad :p

next time, let's stand in front of some decorations instead of the switch..hahaha

what about the other pic with me at the edge of the photo?hehe

good job on the laici and sirap(?) with sani

dith said...

Yeah,

The 3 famous bloggers of Volga!
All dressed up to kill ya!
A thorn between roses,
Donning a kufta so glamorous!

ifos said...

Neemo- Hehe..

Zyryx- Haha yes I'm mad. You will too, if you read the Hitchhiker's Guide to The Galaxy series. Brill stuff! As for the other pic, tu laa, if I ever created my photo album.. lol.

Sirap n laici- worldly thanks to Sakinah, Anis, Fatin, Fahida, Baya, n Farah for chipping in =)

Mak- Hehe, famous la sangat...

tenkostar said...

volgan-volgan beraya sakan ya. eh, brapa ramai a korang kat sana? malaysian student population seperti ramai sahaja?

pycnogenol said...

In your previous 'Deepavali pics' I remember seeing 'Raya' faces too. Now that you're posting 'Raya pics', where are the 'Devali heroes and heroines'?

(I will not take the glamorous thorn in kufta as one of them...he's only a wannabe...sorry Zyryx...you looked dashing though.. ;))

zyryx said...

aww cant wannabes count?ok maybe not,i dont celebrate deepavali.i support my friends' deepavali..hmm she really might need the photo album..haha

how come everyone knows it's a kufta?i found out only that day..hehe..thanx

oh THOSE vogonS..the ones who blew up earth to make way for the construction site of the galactic super-highway or something(and they didnt even bat an eyelid about the ignorant billions of lives still there since the orders to move out had been posted somewhere i cant remember)..and their noses are kinda squashed up because on their planet they've got spades smashing the face of anyone havg a sgle individual thought,right?..they made a movie out of that one(but u have to listen to every word to get the jokes)...between my neighbours,i was the only one laughing watching it,until a point when it felt embarrasing to laugh,hehe- i guess u really do need the right crowd sometimes(not that they were annoying or anything,but it might have been better if we were laughing together).it's a series? sorry if the comment's too long

ifos said...

Tenkostar- Err... agak ramai jugak kot. Hehe. Nanti sy dptkn exact figure. Anyone??

Pycnogenol- I'm guilty for not taking more pics- ye la, camera pun camera pinjam.. I'll have to raid other people's collection for more varied faces ;) Again, if I managed to set up an album- then I'll post more pics. Hee.

Zyryx- Yeah, THOSE Vogons. And don't forget their poetry- it's the third worst in the universe. Hehe. Yes it's a series of five books- I currently have the 2nd n 3rd with me. My 1st is with an exiled and cosmically displaced vogon by the name of tenkostar (if I'm not mistaken. Kan?? Ke tak?? hehe), 4th n 5th kat rumah. About people not getting the jokes, well, you have to have a really sophisticated sense of humour to appreciate Douglas Adams' works. Hehehe.

Anonymous said...

tadi pergi rumah aki makan nasi ayam. dah sampaikan salam fi dan aki kata nanti bila petai banyak dia akan kirimkan.

spaal kongbok basut? maman pun dah nak kiut kisit. liba getur yida tebulkan daji getak. ;) wesel tebul sahaba nii. neping lepaka peda liba caba ;) posi sara roang caba nii lobeh teri ditak? wesel! wesel! pamsai daji wasan.

ok... take care. wassalam.

jellyfungus said...

saye pun dah jadi sawan!!