Pages

Sunday, July 16, 2006

Definition of a holiday

My holiday so far is a classic case of a mishmashed scheme, which is actually a perfect scheme for a perfect holiday, but you get embroiled with the wonderful fickleness of thy brain in the process of executing thy plan, and end up playing spider solitaire in between reading Q Detective School whilst occasionally contemplating on the criticalness of the current languid state you are in (it has been decided that you have not reached critical point yet).

If I possess the ingenuity to engineer my blog template anytime at will, honestly I would change it every single week, with as many colours as I could scrape off my pallette. As luck would have it, I don't, and thus am left to leaf through hundreds of blah templates (OK, some of them are O-K but as it happens, I'm not searching for OK templates) before giving up for now. But no worries, as I go blog-hopping those pretty sites my green shade of envy shall deepen and I will definitely google the word 'free blog templates' and such in no time. Case closed.

We went fishing cum picnic this morning and whilst the others basked in the glory of catching 3, 4, 7 (8?) ekor ikan talapia (and a couple others of undefined type), I had to settle for, er, 0. I'm clearly not a fisherman. The other day my mother asked me to do a bit of weeding at the front lawn and despite meticulous reasonings, I ended up gaily mutilating her growing pokok cili and some daun pegaga. Clearly I'm not a gardener, too.

So self-discovery isn't doing too well this first week of holidays. Oh, perhaps a bit from the piece of advice given by my dad last night regarding my temper- with the classic Zidane headbutt incident as example. He said I would do just what Zidane did- right in wanting to defend justice, wrong in the course of action. Zidane might be provoked, but people's first impression would always highlight upon the fact that he had headbutted poor Materrazzi rather than directly questioning his motive for doing so. And, for that moment at least, he was the only bad guy.

I am not very good at making conclusions, but I think everyone got my point ;) Sailing off to cloud cuckoo land... *yawn*

14 comments:

Boogey said...

I couldn`t stay long enough to sakat you last Friday, so hari ni kawe cover balik.
This entry sounds very sad. Bad news indeed spread super fast and I learned of the pathetic fishing outing/disaster yesterday afternoon in vivid detail complete with animation support. Lesson of the day : 1) Hard work don`t always bring good reward. 2) Patience do wear off. 3) When it wears off and you can`t headbutt any fishes, sleep over it at a secluded place away from public (inside a car for example). 4) Miracles do happen (like the domestic Sarah bagging 2 Talapia?). 5)Journey of self discovery starts when you are lost at thought and ends at the car seat.

dith said...

RE: fishing. Maman lost to Narafarah 7 to 8 fishes. Initially Maman was leading. When Narafarah caught up with him, he went frantic and started fishing for another. alas he lost 7 to 8 score of fish. But iKelah won for catching the biggest and of different species altogether (Temaliang?) Sarah caught 3 whilst I CHOSE to remain in Sofi's group of non-fishermen.

Re: weeding. I told Sofi to pull out unsightly growths amongst the grass. Specifically said anything that doesnt look like grass. And she dilligently pulled out one of my flowered plants which hasnt flowered yet, some chillie plants and some wild pucuk pegaga which I delibrately let grow....hai nasib nasib

Re: Zidane's butthead incident. Yes anger management is crucial. Contohi Rasulullah s.a.w. dalam segala segi. Insyallah selamat.

Boogey said...

Er...meter air and tiang garaj tu pun doesn`t look like grass though. Are they still there?

jellyfungus said...

hehehehehe! sounds fun ifos! :)

Jamil said...

You may not be a fisher or gardener. But a blogger...now that's something totally different. I'm sure your mom doesn't have any qualms about your blogging skills now, does she?

"Free blog templates" ----> hey, we do think alike. Blame it on the ol' star sign, I say.

Other than that, got a laugh from reading boogey's comments.

pycnogenol said...

Arent you going to include 'meeting Pycno' in your definition of a holiday?

Well iFos, time is running out.....

Anonymous said...

tick tock tick tock...

pycnogenol said...

"Bunyi jam di dinding rumah ku..."

ayumi said...

Salaam..
I've always wondered what I will do if I were Zidane...

Pycno, you're still sending me off at the airport, right?

pycnogenol said...

If you were Zidane, I know what you will do, Ayumi. You will pour the whole pot of boiling hot Special Asam Laksa of yours over his Italian head. ;)

Of course I'll be there at the airport. Just dont you forget to remind me of the date, once you have collected your ticket. I'll bring Bea to hug you too. ;)

dith said...

Pycno- that's what we call remote-control hugging!

Anonymous said...

If Ayumi were Zidane, the name would be Zainuddin Zaidan.

Anonymous said...

The site where your mom got her new layout got pretty impressive layouts too :) I think I myself would have taken one of them if I hadn't got the inspiration to make my own template.. hehe.

I didn't watch the final and I woke up to see tens of instant messages and ym status about the headbutting.

ayumi said...

Pycno + Dr. Roza - LOL!

jpn - And all of a sudden, my chromosome turns XY? Heheh..