Pages

Saturday, April 15, 2006

Today's a rainy day

Despite my being scared stiff of thunders and lightning, the boisterous clatters of the former pulsating through the hours of darkness last night almost sounded like sweet music to my ears. It has been six months and those were the first thunders and lightning I had ever observed on this good land (perhaps some took place whilst I slept, do excuse me) and I was strongly reminded of home- of the never-ending rain during the monsoon season. Of sitting by the widely open door to feel the cool brush of the wind… the fresh scent of the rain… the harmonious rumble of heavy raindrops. Disregarding the puddles-of-water-and-mud factor, rainy days are actually quite cool ;)

I can’t thank enough those who went through lengths to celebrate my birthday in one way or another. Thank you to the SMS-es (I especially dig the birthday song in German- danke sehr once again, dear Azleen =)); the Friendster testimonials; the blog entry =); the blog comments; the cards (got my only cards via airmail from my grandparents and aunt on the day itself, no less!); the four fabulous cakes (cream-caramel-icing cake, cheese cake, banana cake, and one micro-mini leftover cake *haha*); the midnight wish; the singing in class by classmates; the singing in lecture by lecture mates; the sushi feast with roommates and sister; the supposedly-surprise birthday bash by classmates (which was a bit obvious since they cooked in my floor’s kitchen. LOL.)… and my favourite part- the presents! Haha. The presents were all lovely and thoughtful (like the cat tabung for example… sangat bermakna *wink*).

To tell the truth, I had almost the same elated feeling as I had during each raya on that day (or every birthday, for that matter) =) And it’s all thanks to these people who really made me feel special that day. Lots of love to you people!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

prevyet!!..

pazdravliayu vam c dneum razhdeniya!!(wishing u happy birthday!!)..and many many returns of the day..;)

Anonymous said...

prevyet!!..

pazdravliayu vam c dneum razhdeniya!!(wishing u happy birthday!!)..and many many returns of the day..;)

Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday iFos!
Wishing you the best in this life and the Hereafter.

And make full use of the cat :)

dith said...

Fi, I am still waiting for your e mail

Anonymous said...

I would wish you in Russian if only I knew how. Oh well....

Happy Birthday Sofi! You're twenty years old now. Doesn't that sound like a lot of years? *chuckle*

Anonymous said...

I've already left my birthday wishes to you at Mum's site, but since Yoshi seem to think that you only speak and understand Russian now, here's my wish to you in the language:

pazdravliayu vam c dneum razhdeniya!!

P/S BTW, the prediction I left at DrRoza's site (on what's in store for you this year)was an extract from the Malay Mail.

Mama Pongkey said...

The only Russian words I know are 'nyet' and 'akula' (don't ask me why).

The cakes you had sound luscious. And sushi too!!! Yummy!

I put pics of the twins on my bloggie. Who do you think they look like?

Ikelah said...

tak dapat lagi ke kad??
isk lambat nih.

slow sikit... sejak backache... macam OKU.

ok... take care...love u always

ifos said...

Arbor_vitae, crimsonskye, hiyoshi, pycnogenol: THANKS A LOT =D

Mak: I'll email you tomorrow, insyaallah ;) Takde kredit these few days.. =(

Abah: tak dpt lg kad... tx for the wish~