Pages

Thursday, August 25, 2005

Busy, busy, busy!

My lackluster holiday scene has expired- this week’s been anything but subdued for yours truly. Several hours ago I was sitting on a beige sofa in another hospital room within a fortnight- my brother being the subject of interest this time around. He had undergone an operation to clear his sinus (it's called FESS something? My mother told me. Heh) three days ago and been recuperating inside the cooped-up space of his room until late yesterday. It was nice actually, his room- with a neat piece of wooden cupboard planted next to his bed which I would love to supplant the crippled one I had back in my bedroom (my brother was hospitalised and all I can talk of is his room’s nice little cupboard. What a bad sister I am... Tsk.).

My sister has been an angel (that’s what everybody who hasn’t had the pleasure of having to room with her all their lives says anyway… haha just kidding!) to look after him throughout the course of day and night whilst I resumed my 'coveted' post as the family chauffeur- sending the younger siblings to tuition classes (it’s school holiday now), doing grocery shopping (not nearly as dandy as shopping for clothes or shoes and stuff but can be rather refreshing jugak sometimes! ;p), running some other errands… Alright, this is the cue that I’m running out of things to say. Really, I’m quite exhausted these days, physically speaking- my weak knees have been throbbing like fury especially during the cold weather. But I’m not complaining- am going to lunch by the river in an hour with my family (the occasion is long overdue in respect for my father’s dietary regime) and my brother’s getting much, much better. The sun has never looked brighter =D

“He’s the main guy and there’s probably four or five of us (just behind). Maybe we need to do just a tag-team effort or something, join forces like Power Rangers or something.”~ Andy Roddick on Roger Federer after the latter won the Cincinnati Masters and ninth title of the year.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wishing a speedy recovery for your little brother insyaAllah :) anyway i like that quote at the end, quite a colourful way to acknowledge one's defeat and the other's victory hehe.

Anonymous said...

Wish I had the grace to come up with that kind of quote. Most of the time, I act like McEnroe (a tennis player known for his bad behaviour) T_T

Anonymous said...

It's strange how grocery shopping can grow on you. Trust me, after a week of going back and forth to uni, the weekly grocery run somehow takes on a rather appealing nature (or it's just a sign of being domesticated/growing older... oh noooooooooo!!! I am turning into my mom!) One tip for when you are in Russia though: make sure you eat before you go grocery shopping or you might end up buying more (beli ikut nafsu) than you can humanly carry (that's when you miss your car the most).

Anonymous said...

kenakelayan: does this mean we're gonna hear pitter patter of baby's feet soon??????

Anonymous said...

er... unless i am the next lady to follow in the footsteps of Siti Maryam (r.a.) i don't think so! not 9 months from now anyway.. :))
kids are definitely in the picture inshaAllah but as one of my mates say: we humans propose, but Allah disposes. must fill up the 4-bedroom house (inshaAllah) with kids, eh? *wink wink*
you know you are growing older when you think its not such a bad idea to turn into your mom anyway... (erk!! my youth is SO over).

Anonymous said...

It's good to know that your brother is getting better. (He's your only brother, kan?) Go get him another shirt as a parting gift!!
When exactly is your flight to Russia?? Why dont you go together with your sis?
I can just imagine how busy you must be right now. Just dont forget to spend quality time with your parents and siblings these precious few days left. Take care....

Anonymous said...

What cold weather?! O_o The only low temperatures I can get here is when ... I turn the air-cond on? ^^;

Anyway, hope your brother is doing okay. I find myself doing nothing when visiting hospitals too, just -- looking out the window, what kind of views does the room have. How's the food, is there a TV... :D

Grocery shopping can be fun. When you remember where everything is. I had to go shopping at Giant with my mother's friend when she was in hospital, and it was annoying circling the aisles, searching for bihun or something. =/ Oh, and when the trolley doesn't get too heavy, then I start bumping into things (or worse, people).

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHAHA Tu masih kira bagus. Nasib baik tak kena jalan kaki beli cili api 10 sen pas tu bila baru je sampai rumah, kena pulak keluar beli santan 20 sen. Satuuuuu...satuuuuuu....

Ikelah said...

hahaha.... that 1s better than one had to walk and buy ur 'old man' cigarette when one is still at primary then to buy the 'puting' for ur little brother who tagged along leaving no balance for 'gula-gula'. hehehehe.
maybe anonymous still remember kedai ah peng down the road by the big 'longkang' which was actually a stream. We used to catch 'anak ikan' which were guppies that eventually died a few days later of suffocation. arrghhh

Anonymous said...

best experience. told to renew no2 driving license at jpj. queue for like two hours and then was told cannot renew as must upgrade the license first. when get back home, got scolded why didnt upgrade the license. ahaha.. and i that was the first time i had seen a drivers license in my life, which was at that time a piece of crummy paper. werq might remember as he was waiting in the car outside jpj. ahahaha

ifos said...

Pycnogenol- I've got two brothers actually ;) And my flight's on 22nd of September. And as for the cold weather, Aneesah, we've had quite a lot of downpours (and thunderstorm) here in Kuantan this time around, especially at night, thus the cold weather =) And for the last 3 comments, yeah go on, reminisce la your colourful childhood and go all "you're actually very lucky. Zaman dulu..." on me... I've heard this zillion of times already. Hehehe..

Anonymous said...

It`s macam cerita Nang Nak la. Its all the Karma. Remember the old man used to tell how difficult life was as an orphan during the British rule and he had to borrow books by cycling 2-3 km to Bukit Galing every night and even the bycycle was pinjam one and I used to say to myself what Ifos is saying today.

ifos said...

Anonymous: Hehehe... so nanti my kids pun will do the same thing to me... haha.

Anonymous said...

So anonymous, iFos has crossed the line...already talking about her future kids :))

Anonymous said...

Haaa...tu la pasal. Kita pun bingung ni cam ne dia sampai ke situ plak. Dah tersendeng la tu kot.