Pages

Sunday, October 30, 2011


1.
"Nothing that is can pause or stay;

The moon will wax, the moon will wane,
The mist and cloud will turn to rain,
The rain to mist and cloud again,
Tomorrow be today."

~Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

I'm trying to embrace change; kindly reciprocate.

2. It sometimes happens, to some certain people, that whenever they try to conquer any of their fears, a greater terror will appear in nothing flat to squash any hope of a raise in their self-regard.

Example: A was scared of frogs. One day, A decided to conquer her fear, so when she saw the frog who always lepak nearby the washing machine one afternoon, she tried to chase it away by stomping her feet, at which moment, another, bigger frog dutifully appeared out of nowhere in front of her. A had a metaphorical heart attack, fled the scene and, to this day, remains scared of frogs.


3. It's autumn over there, monsoon over here. Last year at this time i would be merrily walking back home from school, taking pictures whilst basking in the lush golden spectacle that was autumn. This year at this time I'm doing something even better, so I should be contented (and I am) to have to let go of my favourite season.

4. I just recently discovered the correct way to order tea without milk and sugar at the stall- 'teh o kosong'. Sweet.

5. Every weekend I get back home these days I'll get at least one wedding invitation. I've attended none thus far (not on purpose though!).

6. I wish my father, who just arrived in Phnom Penh today and will push on to Ho Chi Minh tomorrow, a safe journey under the blessings and protection of Allah s.w.t.

7. Happy birthday to my loyal reader (not anymore though I guess, since she has recently ventured into the wonderland called housemanship) and loyal friend, Farah- kullu 'am wa anti bikhair!

8. I shall continue to write in numbered points like this until I rediscover how to write like a proper writer.

Good day everyone.

No comments: