Pages

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Waterless thoughts

Which is weirder, the fact that I’m having Bruce Springsteen on at the moment, or that last night I discovered a mysterious packet containing a cardigan on my chair and later had a dream that it was a birthday gift from Zach Braff (and that we were friends and so on and so on)?

Haha… a conundrum to rouse your otherwise mundane Saturday morning. The cardigan turned out to be for my roomie by the way (U_U), because, well, today is her birthday (To whom this may concern- don’t leave other people’s gifts on my chair! Haha). Happy birthday dear roomie- another year filled with blessings, inshaallah.

Shall I say that the birthday wish is another coincidence? ;) I’ve been sidelined today by a reminder of how powerful an effect the elements of nature hold over your life- they’ve cut the water supply from last night until tomorrow evening for some work on maintenance. And our teacher has been kind enough to give us a holiday today so my plan was to simply lay dormant in order to circumvent excessive need for use of precious water. So here I am, with the most dormant yet productive activity I can think of. Haha.

I have been living with inconsistencies lately, one after another. I thought I was at peace with myself, and then I wasn’t. I thought I had a firm grip on something, and then I didn’t. Some old, long-held notions were questioned, and when I thought I was confident enough to straighten things out, I faltered. And I really want to write about a whole world of things, but my mind has been, for the lack of a prettier word, blocked. Ok, I made this sound rather alarming, but it really isn’t. I hope. See…? Inconsistencies.

I may not have the goods to write today, but I do have a good picture to share- the cake I made with Farah’s help for Fatin’s birthday. It was fun! Hehe.

Eyjafjallajökull cake... hehe. Nah... it's actually a poke at Fatin's 'volcano' cake a couple of years back... long story. Anyway, it's carrot cake with cream cheese frosting. And chocolate rice lava. :)

Good day, everyone.

"Are you ready to cut off your head and place your foot on it? If so, come; Love awaits you! Love is not grown in a garden, nor sold in the marketplace; whether you are a king or a servant, the price is your head, and nothing less. Yes, the cost of the elixir of love is your head! Do you hesitate? 0 miser, It is cheap at that price!" –Al-Ghazali

6 comments:

dith said...

Fi!

Are you sure you wrote this yesterday? I never missed your entry before, hehe

Btw, the cake is gorgeous ...and where did you get that Al Ghazali's sayings? Hevent read that one before...I am going to use it on my FB, ok?

Take care with that inconsistencies of yours!

dith said...

Btw...wait till abah hears about this Bruce Springsteen, hehe

dith said...

hehe...I am still intrigued by that cake...had to post on FB, hope you don't mind, mintak permission ok..

How can someone go wrong with a volcano cake eh? It's all about imperfections kan? haha

ifos said...

mak- i saved it in draft cos had some probs, n published it later in the evening... the cake.. hehe. yeah well, fatin apparently preferred perfection, as was the case with her 'volcano' cake couple of yrs back- so this is a tribute to that cake. hehe. looks don't matter! ;p

Al-Ghazali's saying- i saved it a really long time ago from an article, and recently terbaca balik. gunalah, and the pic too. :)

Unknown said...

I have heard someone said," the most beautiful melody he had ever heard was the recitation of the Quran full heartedly by a Qari."

so... how is your day? aki tanye lagi masa birthday dia, bila sofi balik?

ok...take care.... wassalam.


love,
abah

ifos said...

abah- true, true... nothing beats a beautiful recitation of al-quran.

my day's good so far, alhamdulillah... birthday aki, you mean kenduri nanti ke? hehe. fi kan balik 21st july... till 25th aug. ade org nk amik kat airport ke ni? hehe.

take care, love you too.