Pages

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

of knights and vassals

Entering the third week of my holiday and I can conclude that I've done good in the eating department, at least. Still working on other more productive activities as planned, but goodness, idyllic times can be deceptive. In other words, whilst I should be writing some serious stuff about my travels, I'm being lured into building an army in this Knighthood game in Facebook by my dad. He has become some sort of a fan whilst I just only realised (or remembered, I can't remember) that I actually have an account, and about a hundred of unanswered gifts/invitations. He's now instructing me to expand my marketplace and recruit more vassals. I currently have about, uh, 6, so my friends out there, beware- I'm going to add all of you as my friends (and vassals) in Facebook! hahaha... dah lame tak buat bende2 mcm ni.

I did manage to read a couple of good books, climb manggis trees at my grandfather's orchard, buy stuff off my grocery list to bring back to the land of the bears, play with the cats (my allergy's getting worse though), and a full swing of other ordinary activities that define a wonderful holiday. But I still want to do some extraordinary things (in my book at least) this time around, so don't write me off just yet.

And I've got myself a new camera at long last... though I must decline the invitation to join the macro war by my uncles- haven't finished reading the manual yet, plus am still undergoing basic lessons from my brother on several techniques. Hehe. Another year, perhaps? ;p

Loving my moment!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

What manual? Reading manuals first is the Mat Salleh way. Here in Malaysia, we try try first and bila tak boleh jugak then baru baca manual and only the part hok kita sangkut tu jek.
Learn faster by getting dirty in the fields and after loads of cutucs from the viewers. If you can survive it, u'll be good. Hahahaha. Macro War Trilogy...We dare u!

Aneesah said...

"idyllic times can be deceptive" -- Eek, so true! I'm entering the fifth week, I believe, although that includes a week of BTN, so I'll consider this the fourth week. M-hmm. And, before you bring it up ;) I promise I'll work on your ... er, two++-year-overdue portrait. It's almost done, trust me. XD


And, I guess I've been going the Mat Salleh way all this while too, with reading manuals. :P

Jamil said...

What camera is it? What camera is it? The interesting bits always get left behind. Is it a Canon? A Nikon perhaps? Go on, do tell!

p.s. I'm suffering from post-examination withdrawal symptoms. Bear with me.

Anonymous said...

Early rumour said it was an iphone or icamera or something like that. Might be Nikon but can't be Canon.
Let's see how long this camera can last. Hahahahaha.

Jamil said...

I hope the charger doesn't try to pull off a Houdini act like your previous charger did! :P

Arifah said...

why is ur tagboard so full hantus? huhu.

Unknown said...

cool!i like your post!:D

Anonymous said...

Hi, very interesting post, greetings from Greece!