Pages

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

New kid on the 20s block

To my dearest friend Azleen, a very happy birthday to you ;)

I first met Azleen when we were in standard five- I was the new kid in school, she was class-next-door's monitor. No, I wasn't being picked on and she the only one willing to befriend me- the story didn't go like that. ;p Anyway, I was transferred to her class halfway into the year but we didn't get really close until standard six, especially during the World Cup, when it appeared that the two us were about the only football fans in class. The bond persevered when we entered the same secondary school and became classmates for the entire five years of laughters, tears, sweats, and silliness.

Now I'm in Russia, she's in Australia. I'm studying to become a doctor, she an engineer. I was a Scout, she was a Red Crescent member. I joined Karate club, she was in Taekwondo. I was a prefect, she was a librarian (at some point).

We are very different, yet alike. We are writers. Debaters. Book lovers. Sports enthusiasts. Most importantly, we share the same values and ideals. And yeah, I still wanna travel around the world one day! You? ;)


Sorry aa, saya tak update koleksi gambar lama. ;p

ps: Whoops, I seem to be a li'l late. The birthday's on 16th October. =)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

happy birthday azleen. may Allah bless you and your family.

budak kecik yang pakai jubah konvo tu adik atau kakak azleen? ;)

Arifah said...

Eh. Same dengan my sis! 16th October. Kitorang borong buku at MPH. Hehe. Dapat 15% off on any books and 25% off for red carpets specials, members only. Jangan jealous Sofi! =P

Happy birthday, Azleen! =)

Anonymous said...

hehehehe tq soo much :-)

Jamil said...

Happy (belated) birthday to the, well, birthday girl!

You know, I have friends from primary school who constantly bugged me throughout my schooling years too haha. And they're twins!

pycnogenol said...

Happy Birthday Azleen!!
The middle pic must be that of the 3 debaters. Who's the 1st, 2nd and third speaker?

ifos said...

Ikelah- Hehehe. Saje penuhkan space.

Afie- I'm like, beyond being jealous already... pasrah... tsk2. U_U

Azleen- de rien!

Hiyoshi- Haha. Wish I had twin-friends!

Pycnogenol- Actually, the middle pic was taken when we took part in Kuiz Perdana. Hehe. But true, all three of us had been in a debate team together once. Throughout the years I'd had experienced all three positions, but I like being 2nd speaker best! ;)

Anonymous said...

budak 3 orang tu flagship SMART masa tu. All rounder minus sports. hehehe.